Log-in frame position

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Log-in frame position

Post by iiipopes »

So I'm not always scrolling down, is there any chance of repositioning the log-in to the top of the screen?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Log-in frame position

Post by admin »

Scott: Would you please send me with a screen shot, or post it here, showing me the problem you face and I will look into it? When I log in the information is at the top of my screen.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

I'm not sure I know how to post a screen shot. When I turn on the computer, and go to the forum log-in page, the tan skin shows up as it should. The little boxes I type in my user name and password are at the bottom of the page instead of the top, and I have to scroll all the way down to get to them, rather than on some other fora that have those boxes at the top. I type in the usual log on, the screen reloads in the grey/blue skin as usual and I continue on normally. This is not limited to my computer; it is on every computer I use to access RR. I didn't know if this is just how you have it programmed, or if for some reason it's at the bottom for me and at the top of others.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Looks like this on mine (with Firefox, Chrome looks the same as does IE):
Login.jpg
If you're running Windows, you can get a screen shot using the "Print Scrn" key. This puts the screen shot into your copy/paste buffer. If you put your cursor into the browser window and use the Alt key along with "Print Scrn", it will just copy the window that the cursor is in.

Then open something like "Paint" (All Programs->Accessories->Paint) and "paste" with Ctrl-V into the Paint window. Then Save the file (it defaults to PNG which is OK, or you can change it to JPG).
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

Or you could just set it to log you in automatically.
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

cjj wrote:Looks like this on mine (with Firefox, Chrome looks the same as does IE):
Login.jpg
If you're running Windows, you can get a screen shot using the "Print Scrn" key. This puts the screen shot into your copy/paste buffer. If you put your cursor into the browser window and use the Alt key along with "Print Scrn", it will just copy the window that the cursor is in.

Then open something like "Paint" (All Programs->Accessories->Paint) and "paste" with Ctrl-V into the Paint window. Then Save the file (it defaults to PNG which is OK, or you can change it to JPG).
My log in page doesn't look like that. I have RR in my favorites. I click on RR and the home page comes up. I then click on the forum link, and the forum page with all of the categories comes up with the log in boxes at the bottom.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Interesting. What browser are you using? What machine/operating system? And, a screen shot might help...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Try using this page for your URL bookmark:

ucp.php?mode=login
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

cassius987 wrote:Try using this page for your URL bookmark:
ucp.php?mode=login
Thanks. Here's what I had to do:
I copied the above link. I then closed my browser, which is set to automatically delete history, cookies, etc. I reopened my browser and pasted the link in the address bar and entered. When it came up, it was the log-in screen posted above instead of the "lurker's page." I saved it to favorites, writing over my previous RR link. I then closed and reopened my browser again, chose my RR link from favorites, and voila, up comes the log-in screen.

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”