rickenbacker shop on german ebay ?

Reports from Germany
xpitt
Intermediate Member

rickenbacker shop on german ebay ?

Post by xpitt »

Does anybody know more about this "der_rickenbacker_shop" ?
Maybe "Hotzenplotz" knows something ?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/300827985307?ssP ... 1423.l2649
It looks like this is a little brother or sister from "sound affects" in Ormskirk, U.K.
Price is fair for a new 360 here in Europe. Better price for a new one than for a used one from ebay seller *Mr.Tambourine Man*. Sound Affects has a good reputation anyway.
What does the distributor "Casale Bauer" or "Peerpro Agency" say?
k43rover
Intermediate Member

Re: rickenbacker shop on german ebay ?

Post by k43rover »

This is Sound Affects - at the bottom of the German eBay listing it says:

"Legal status of the provider - The Rickenbacker Shop, Tim Lobley, 4 Derby Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 2BY, United Kingdom"

That is the Sound Affects owner/address. BTW I can thoroughly recommend them based on my own purchase earlier this year!

Main website here:

http://www.soundaffectsmusic.com/
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Yeah, I've read that too; but what's the idea behind it ? Is Tim an official RIC distributor for Germany ? If so, it is fine, to get some things more easy at better prices here :)
k43rover
Intermediate Member

Post by k43rover »

xpitt wrote:Yeah, I've read that too; but what's the idea behind it ? Is Tim an official RIC distributor for Germany ? If so, it is fine, to get some things more easy at better prices here :)
Why don't you drop Tim a line and ask him direct? I've found him very helpful in all my dealings.
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Good idea.

Edit : PM sent
Last edited by xpitt on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
k43rover
Intermediate Member

Post by k43rover »

This is a shot from Sound Affects shop in Ormskirk back in April. They always have a wide selection of Ricks in stock. This picture highlights the four UK Pearl White 1997 limited edition reissues they had in stock on the day together with an original 1966 Rose Morris 1997. :D
Attachments
Sound Affects April 2012.JPG
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Thanks, Eddie, good shot ! Really brings me in trouble how to get there sneakyly, only half an hour by train from Liverpool-- :?
Is there any fancy shoe shop nearby ? :lol:
k43rover
Intermediate Member

Post by k43rover »

xpitt wrote:Thanks, Eddie, good shot ! Really brings me in trouble how to get there sneakyly, only half an hour by train from Liverpool-- :?
Is there any fancy shoe shop nearby ? :lol:
:lol: I'm afraid I can't help with the shoe shops as I personally avoid those - especially the ladies ones! The good news is that you can do some of the Beatles stuff while you're in the area. Last time I took the lads to see Lennon's house and the Strawberry Field entrance as part of their core education (far, far, more important than anything they're learning in school)!
Attachments
Mendips April 12.jpg
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

In '66 I had the chance to see them in Hamburg at one of four concerts they gave. You're right, that was best school for the rest of my life ! :wink:
k43rover
Intermediate Member

Post by k43rover »

xpitt wrote:In '66 I had the chance to see them in Hamburg at one of four concerts they gave. You're right, that was best school for the rest of my life ! :wink:
..that must have been a magical experience....if only we had a time machine
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

Eddie,
we are the time machine ! Keep the four always in your Memory. Maybe I will go with my son to Liverpool next year, of course to improove his english, or mine :wink: .
By the way is this the guitar where my pickup is taken off ?

Regards

Peter
All you need is love and a rick !
k43rover
Intermediate Member

Post by k43rover »

Medicus1963 wrote:Eddie,
we are the time machine ! Keep the four always in your Memory. Maybe I will go with my son to Liverpool next year, of course to improove his english, or mine :wink: .
By the way is this the guitar where my pickup is taken off ?

Regards

Peter

You are right..we all need to make the effort to keep the flame alive amongst all the X-Factor garbage that passes for music today!! :D

And yes, your pick up is featured centre stage in this shot (and I'd say it looks very beautiful too)!! :wink:
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

xpitt wrote:Yeah, I've read that too; but what's the idea behind it ? Is Tim an official RIC distributor for Germany ? If so, it is fine, to get some things more easy at better prices here :)
He's not the distributor in Germany but a dealer from the U.K. But of course, being within the E.C. he can legally sell anywhere he wants to at retail.
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

johnhall wrote:
He's not the distributor in Germany but a dealer from the U.K. But of course, being within the E.C. he can legally sell anywhere he wants to at retail.
Thanks John , good news :)
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

Hi Eddie,

Yes she was a beauty, but it is in parts now! Good news for me because i got a pickup. Bad news for the community because of the lost of a beautiful instrument.

Peter
All you need is love and a rick !

Return to “German Chapter: by Markus Horn”