My wife is sick... But getting better.

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

cassius987

My wife is sick... But getting better.

Post by cassius987 »

If you have any extra time to pray or think any good thoughts for someone else today, consider (among countless others in need) thinking of my wife who is dealing with what appears to be an onset of pleurisy (we are guessing because the doctor didn't have time to see her yesterday) in addition to being in her 3rd or 4th week of bronchitis; all of this on top of her normal slew of health problems. With the holidays and her insurance plan changing just getting in to see a doctor has proven quite hard. We also just lost our cat, Ollie, a few weeks ago and he was her biggest comfort at times like this, so to be like this on Christmas is no fun for her at all. Thanks for any prayers and thoughts you may lift up.
admin
Site Admin

Re: My wife is sick.

Post by admin »

Josh I am so very sorry to hear this. Being sick is difficult especially this time of year and under the circumstances you describe. I hope that she will get the care and rest she needs to recover soon. I have been down this same road with my family and after some time improvement is becoming evident. These breathing problems can be difficult to diagnose and slow to recover in my experience. Please give her my very best wishes. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rickyfricky
Intermediate Member

Post by rickyfricky »

Sending out love and prayers to you and your Mrs., Joshua. :)

My 18 year old cat passed on Thanksgiving day. :( She was my family when no humans wanted to be.

I have found Time to be the best Healer. I hope you and yours hang in there and enjoy the day as best you can.

Gawd Bless,
MW 8)
Watch those teeth, Marlin. I'm not sure we've properly sedated the beast . . .
bartyclue
Intermediate Member

Post by bartyclue »

Will do
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Count me in too. All my best to you both. I hope your wife feels better soon.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Joshua, I hope she can get the care she needs to feel better soon. Please give her my best wishes, and some medicinal puppy kisses from Jasmine. You are both blessed to have each other.
All I wanna do is rock!
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Sorry to hear that,Joshua,I will keep ya'll in my thoughts and best wishes. My Mom just went through some surgery that has left her feeling poorly,bad timing with all the out of town relatives in for the holiday.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Sorry to hear about your wife, Megan is ailing, Joshua. Also sorry to hear about losing your cat, Ollie. :(
Thoughts and best wishes your way that your wife can get the treatment she needs soon and has a speedy recovery. When you guys are ready, make a loving home for another furry four legged creature. I'm sure Ollie could appreciate that.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

My thoughts are with you and yours Josh.
octagon

Post by octagon »

I'm very sad to hear this. I know how tough this is.My prayers go out for your wife and you. Hope she will be feeling better very soon.
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

Joshua, I will add your wife to my ever lengthening prayer list.
"The best things in life aren't things."
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

We are thinking of and wishing the best for your family, Joshua.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Sorry to hear that Joshua, not a great time to be sick. Wishing all the best for Megan and a speedy recovery...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Thank you for the outpouring of prayers and support. We finally decided she had to go to the ER because the pain in her lung got so severe and she appeared to have a fever for the first time during all of this--I was scared we might be dealing with a bad case of pneumonia that we had let slip due to holiday travel. Finally got a chest X-ray done (other doctors visits failed to accomplish this much) and her lungs were clear so the doctor decided it was almost definitely a viral pleurisy, which is very painful and lasts for weeks but not life-threatening if treated properly with lots of hydration. So she basically has to ride it out with my help and I'll be happy to do it. This is such an answer to prayer compared to pneumonia, which took my grandmother almost exactly a year ago to the day.

Thanks for your nice words about Ollie too. He had a dignified, relatively pain-free death which meant the world to me, especially being able to be there for him during the process, then take him back to Missouri and bury him. He had loads of health problems for day one (we got him as a 2-week old kitten that had been run over and left in the street) but every second we had with him was worth it. Now Megan is trying to get our other cats to be as sweet as he was... there's been a little progress. They miss him too, that's for sure.

And to be clear, I want to point out that this is one of the things I really appreciate about RRF: it is a very "human" place. You can share stuff like this and really get meaningful responses and it doesn't seem to kill the mood for anyone else who wants to talk about the normal gamut of subjects. So thanks, a lot for being there and for this place being here.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

I am so happy to hear the news, Joshua. Best wishes and fight the good fight, brother.
JimK

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”