New Vid - McCartney Rick Sighting

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Re: New Vid - McCartney Rick Sighting

Post by simer4001 »

beefandbones wrote:
simer4001 wrote:I don't think Paul has sweat over that bass in many, many years.
From the photographic evidence, I'd imagine it's possible that his bare wood Rickenbacker got pretty sweat-logged after the '72 and '75-'76 tours, not to mention recording on a boat with it in '77. I wonder if it's coincidence that he adopted the Yahama shortly thereafter...
I agree, but that was quite a few years ago. My thought is that Paul doesn't do much with it anymore.he says he used the Yamaha because hey gave him one for free.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

simer4001 wrote:
beefandbones wrote:
simer4001 wrote:I don't think Paul has sweat over that bass in many, many years.
From the photographic evidence, I'd imagine it's possible that his bare wood Rickenbacker got pretty sweat-logged after the '72 and '75-'76 tours, not to mention recording on a boat with it in '77. I wonder if it's coincidence that he adopted the Yahama shortly thereafter...
I agree, but that was quite a few years ago. My thought is that Paul doesn't do much with it anymore.he says he used the Yamaha because hey gave him one for free.
What a bass whore!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

From the photographic evidence, I'd imagine it's possible that his bare wood Rickenbacker got pretty sweat-logged after the '72 and '75-'76 tours, not to mention recording on a boat with it in '77. I wonder if it's coincidence that he adopted the Yahama shortly thereafter...[/quote]
I agree, but that was quite a few years ago. My thought is that Paul doesn't do much with it anymore.he says he used the Yamaha because hey gave him one for free.[/quote]
What a bass whore!! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Me, or McCartney. :D
johnnysain

Post by johnnysain »

simer4001 wrote:
beefandbones wrote:
simer4001 wrote:...he says he used the Yamaha because hey gave him one for free....
I'm beginning to think Paul would accept one of my basses if I offered it to him. (and I'm left handed!)
Rickenbacker player since 1978
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

simer4001 wrote:
beefandbones wrote:From the photographic evidence, I'd imagine it's possible that his bare wood Rickenbacker got pretty sweat-logged after the '72 and '75-'76 tours, not to mention recording on a boat with it in '77. I wonder if it's coincidence that he adopted the Yahama shortly thereafter...
johnallg wrote:What a bass whore!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
simer4001 wrote:Me, or McCartney. :D
Well, yeah, both. :lol: I was referring to Macca, but now that I think about it.... :lol:
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

That's what I thought! :D

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”