Vinyl MMT Paint Job?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Re: Vinyl MMT Paint Job?

Post by iamthebassman »

Mine still looks good with over 12 years of gigging.
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" Austin Music Poll 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
eddied
Veteran RRF member

Post by eddied »

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't want a permanent MMT paint job at all. I don't want to paint over an 84" V63, and ruin the finish. I just would like a sticker type decal to be able to put on and take off when I want to. I have a bassman sticker for one of my Hofners (let it Be), a Red Rose Speedway sticker, and would just like to have a nice pre-fab vinyl sticker to put on. I understand if no one here can do it. But maybe someone does know another person or business that can make custom made vinyl stickers, We could all have one to mess around with if the price is not too bad. Just a standard right hand and left hand version with the correct art work and colors like the model that is shown on this post. Anyone have a connection?
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

I understand your point. All I was saying is that the only thing I have seen was from a guy on eBay. And the only time I saw it was years ago. And he didn't guarantee it wouldn't ruin your finish. I had a MMT and a Red Rose Speedway done, and they are both permamnent and I coudn't be happier. Thats just me though.
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't want a permanent MMT paint job at all.
Yes, everyone gets that and have replied the best they could.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

eddied wrote:The point I'm trying to make is that I don't want a permanent MMT paint job at all. I don't want to paint over an 84" V63, and ruin the finish. I just would like a sticker type decal to be able to put on and take off when I want to. I have a bassman sticker for one of my Hofners (let it Be), a Red Rose Speedway sticker, and would just like to have a nice pre-fab vinyl sticker to put on. I understand if no one here can do it. But maybe someone does know another person or business that can make custom made vinyl stickers, We could all have one to mess around with if the price is not too bad. Just a standard right hand and left hand version with the correct art work and colors like the model that is shown on this post. Anyone have a connection?
http://www.wrapedge.com/index.php?main_ ... Path=1_111

Now all you need is the time and/or money to produce the camera-ready art.

Personally, I wouldn't do this to any Rickenbacker, especially if it's finished in CV.

Note that this is tedious to apply and remove...
DrRick

Post by DrRick »

Wow! I don't know if it impolite to ask but what does a paint job like that cost!!!
3 Rickenbackers, 9 Hofners and an Epiphone!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

The point I'm trying to make is that I don't want a permanent MMT paint job at all.
I suggest going for authenticity; buy a dimebag, and some water-based poster paint. . . . :wink:

Kidding aside; the vinyl stick on idea is pretty cool...Hey! This could be an entrepreneurial opportunity! :)
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

DrRick wrote:Wow! I don't know if it impolite to ask but what does a paint job like that cost!!!
It's not impolite to ask...in a PM...
JackTheRipper

Post by JackTheRipper »

I have a friend that does vinyl wraps for cars, trucks, etc. You might want to give him a call and see if he can help:

Chris Martin Print + Design
955 Laurel Creek Lane
Lewisville, North Carolina 27023
(336) 414-4412

--jack
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

jingle_jangle wrote:
DrRick wrote:Wow! I don't know if it impolite to ask but what does a paint job like that cost!!!
It's not impolite to ask...in a PM...
Good point, Paul. People have asked me what I paid to have my MMT done, and my reply is always the same. I can't quote someone elses job. You would have to contact them yourself.
GIBrat51

Post by GIBrat51 »

I can't really suggest anyone specific, since I live in Las Vegas, and you live rather far away. However, you might want to check
with somebody in your area who makes vinyl signs/banners, or those vinyl car/bus skin thingys (can't remember what that
stuff is called). If they can't do what you want, they would probably be able to steer you in the right direction.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Vinyl= Death of a nice finish.

Think Mylar.
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

Save for a C64 and have Paul customize it. That will most definitely save the finish on you 84 V63. The C 64's are popping up quite a bit.
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

Granted mine's not fancy or well-thought-out, just paint splattered on a Ric 4001S-LH, but I don't recall my MMT paintjob costing anything. I already had the paint.
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

iamthebassman wrote:
Granted mine's not fancy or well-thought-out, just paint splattered on a Ric 4001S-LH, but I don't recall my MMT paintjob costing anything. I already had the paint.
Ronn makes a case for free. Mine cost a little more than free. :D

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”