U.K Stores and Sightings

Reports from the United Kingdom
godber
Advanced Member

Re: U.K Stores and Sightings

Post by godber »

redamber wrote:
godber wrote: For my part, I do not drink James, red wine or otherwise. The meaning of words do change over time; my use has been proper and consistent - take it as you will, it is defined. I was defending an ill informed accusation and was calm enough to pm my responses. Completely agree with your assessment of pricing and follow exactly the same sensible principals.

PS Michael Winner was a also ****. :wink:
Mark, you make a fair point about how the meaning of words can differ depending upon the circumstances – though I think the 'principals' you and I are following should be ‘principles’. :smile:

Anyway, having broken my own rule of not posting on the RRF after midnight and after having had a few toots, I’ve now had my rant for the Mayday week-end and will shut up. Occasionally, it is good to get things off one’s chest (OMG, another word whose meaning can be misconstrued)!
Damn that spellchecker.... :D
scotty

Post by scotty »

I love a happy ending.

Couple of fannies :)
david/wales/u.k

Post by david/wales/u.k »

'The meaning of words do change over time'----------godber

Are you serious or what?.........If you think someones an idiot you call them that. When you call them a twa* it has only one meaning. Who are you trying to fool? Go into a pub and call someone a twa* and see what happens. Carry on this pointless nonsense as much as you want but don't try to pretend that offensive words have a different meaning to how 99% of the population perceive them. If you want to carry on arguing then there are plenty of other forums in which to do that. This should not be one of them and so I will not respond to this anymore. :|
scotty

Post by scotty »

Well that about kills all the UK members posts on the RRF. People wonder why we don't post here more often...go figure. Im most disappointed. As a once moderator on this forum I no longer see the point in the UK section. Shame that ..
Mark your posts on the RRF have and always inspired me and your posts helpful cheers mate.
Scotty
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

david/wales/u.k wrote:'The meaning of words do change over time'----------godber

Are you serious or what?.........If you think someones an idiot you call them that. When you call them a twa* it has only one meaning. Who are you trying to fool? Go into a pub and call someone a twa* and see what happens. Carry on this pointless nonsense as much as you want but don't try to pretend that offensive words have a different meaning to how 99% of the population perceive them. If you want to carry on arguing then there are plenty of other forums in which to do that. This should not be one of them and so I will not respond to this anymore. :|
Troll.
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

scotty wrote:Well that about kills all the UK members posts on the RRF. People wonder why we don't post here more often...go figure. Im most disappointed. As a once moderator on this forum I no longer see the point in the UK section. Shame that ..
Mark your posts on the RRF have and always inspired me and your posts helpful cheers mate.
Scotty
Cheers Scott. What you say is true, it is fairly pointless here now. The guy refuses to give up and carries on trolling. It's not likely that someone who can't even clean his own guitar is going to add much to any forum, but everyone has to learn - if they want to. He's just trying to deflect the debate away from his false shouting accusation and not apologise. That makes him an ignorant ****.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Guys whatever became of the great UK spirit that set the standard for us all. It is only pointless if we make it so. Setting an example of caring and support is surely the best antidote. What say we focus on music and Rickenbacker guitars checking personalities at the door. There are millions of words to choose from. Why choose those that offend. Keep your stick on the ice. I'm pulling for all of you.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
redamber

Post by redamber »

scotty wrote:I love a happy ending.
If only! Living as I do in Northern Ireland and after 40 years of 'the Troubles', I thought I had seen all there was to see about conflict resolution, but even President Bill Clinton and Senator George Mitchell would struggle with this one!

I am only a newbie on the Forum, having taken up collecting Rics seriously about four years ago - but it seems to me that Scotty & Peter are both right - such acrimony simply discourages people from active involvement in the UK Chapter of the RRF and we should all be mature enough to leave personal disagreements outside the tent - after all, you can always simply 'agree to differ'.
Santa visits only once a year, but Santa Ana delivers Rics all year round.
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

Return to “United Kingdom Chapter”