2013: Another Bay Area (BARC)...Again, one of these days ?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: 2013: Another Bay Area (BARC)...Again, one of these days

Post by kiramdear »

So what are my prizes? :) :) :)
All I wanna do is rock!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

8mileshigher wrote:Oh, I neglected to award myself the dunce cap for "blurry, out-of-focus photographer" :( :oops: :roll:
Didn't you get the memo? Blurry, out-of-focus photos have been all the rage in the art world for many years now.

Seriously.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:
8mileshigher wrote:Oh, I neglected to award myself the dunce cap for "blurry, out-of-focus photographer" :( :oops: :roll:
Didn't you get the memo? Blurry, out-of-focus photos have been all the rage in the art world for many years now.

Seriously.
That's just 'cause auto-focus has been so cruddy (well until recently), so like in the engineering world, when you find a defect, document it and call it a feature...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
8mileshigher

2013: Another Bay Area (BARC)...Again, one of these days

Post by 8mileshigher »

cjj wrote: I just figured you were being artistic and trying to match your avatar...
:twisted: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually the avatar photo is credited to Dr.Who (used with permission) where his camera malfunction ended up creating an interesting, artistic effect with the "light show" backdrop there at the Yost Theatre. (SCARF 2009) :wink:
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

jps wrote:

Seriously.

Or monochromatic, detail-free ones, too!

(I really do like Ruby) :D
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
johnashfield
Veteran RRF member

Post by johnashfield »

I had a blast and can't wait for the next one!
modrock

Post by modrock »

Agree with John, we must do this again soon :D :D :D :D

Be nice to see some of you SoCal people up again, Rich was here and I'm sure he had a good time. He and Doug and Kira were hot ! Welcome to John and Mike ( hope you got the Vox sorted out Mike, was it a powere tube ? ). Then John shows up a bit later and we've got a hell of jam going on. 'I've got blisters on my fingers !' :lol:

It was the perfect outing for my newly acquired 330/6 Fireglo. I'm finding myself playing that Ricky more and more, hope I don't forget the one with 12 strings on it.. :lol: :lol:

Gary, ( modrock )
modrock

Post by modrock »

8mileshigher wrote:Re Awards Categories for BARC 2013 :) ---- I'll throw a few nominations out there to liven up the conversation

For "Oldest Ric" no doubt Kira's 1957 Tulip takes the honors 8)

For Best Looking modded/refinished Ric category, I would also nominate Kira's checkered-bound Ruby 320 8) ..... because I have a weak spot for anything with checkered binding

For Best "S" Bass category --- Johnnie's Leftie 8) JetGlo 4001S model wins

For "JetGlo Rocks" category ---- John A's JetGlo 330 with black hardware 8) takes this coveted prize; but Doug shares the prize for bringing the most JetGlo's to the Confluence

BARCer who contributed the most musicianship and talent category: a tie for John and Harry who both played Drums, Bass, Guitar and sang some lead vocals

Make some nominations and cast your votes !! :D

Wheeler-dealer guitar acquisition, Gary F. :) :) :)
8mileshigher

2013: Another Bay Area (BARC)...Again, one of these days

Post by 8mileshigher »

modrock wrote:
8mileshigher wrote:Re Awards Categories for BARC 2013 :) ---- I'll throw a few nominations out there to liven up the conversation

For "Oldest Ric" no doubt Kira's 1957 Tulip takes the honors 8)

For Best Looking modded/refinished Ric category, I would also nominate Kira's checkered-bound Ruby 320 8) ..... because I have a weak spot for anything with checkered binding

For Best "S" Bass category --- Johnnie's Leftie 8) JetGlo 4001S model wins

For "JetGlo Rocks" category ---- John A's JetGlo 330 with black hardware 8) takes this coveted prize; but Doug shares the prize for bringing the most JetGlo's to the Confluence

BARCer who contributed the most musicianship and talent category: a tie for John and Harry who both played Drums, Bass, Guitar and sang some lead vocals

Make some nominations and cast your votes !! :D

Wheeler-dealer guitar acquisition, Gary F. :) :) :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah -- I'd vote for that prize for you !! We probably should invite that young man to sit-in at the next BARC, as he obviously is a Ric fan !!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”