My new(used)2012 Les Paul Standard

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

octagon

My new(used)2012 Les Paul Standard

Post by octagon »

I got this at my local Guitar Center for $1599. It is a 2012 Les Paul Standard with AAA flame top in Trans Amber finish.It came in a nice Custom Shop case .This is the new version of the Standard that Gibson released in 2012.I really like the neck on this guitar. It has what is classified as a 60s neck but it has a wider shoulder than the earlier versions so it feels more substantial. The fretboard had a compound radius which goes from 10" to 16". It has push pull volume and tone knobs for coil tap,phase reversal and tone bypass.

ImageImage

The former owner changed out the original BurstBucker pickups for a set Of Bare Knuckle "Rebel Yell" pickups.Great for modern rock,punk and 70s metal.Here is a youtube video(not mine) to give you an idea what these pickups sound like.

I think this has one of the coolest flame maple tops I have seen. It almost looks like a double bookmatch.

ImageImage
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: My new(used)2012 Les Paul Standard

Post by doctorwho »

Sweet! 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
octagon

Post by octagon »

Thanks Gary! It's a really nice Les Paul and I love The "Transparent Amber" finish,It looks a little like the "unburst" Les Pauls owned by Gary Moore and Paul Kossoff.

ImageImage
ImageImage
octagon

Post by octagon »

Reminds me of this one.

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”