VoiceLive 3

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Dom

VoiceLive 3

Post by Dom »

I just bought the new VoiceLive 3 by TC Helicon. Now I can gig without a band. Replaces most of my pedalboard with onboard TC Electronics amp sims & guitar effects, replaces my inadequate looper and it does voice processing all at the same time with dedicated outs for amps, PA and monitors. I was just about to get a new computer to do all of these things but would never have worked as seamlessly as this guy. The vocal processing alone was worth it. I can play a chord & it will make harmony vocals follow, astounding. Sounds superb!

Video with my 370 once I get this thing down pat.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Re: VoiceLive 3

Post by whojamfan »

Please do Dom!!! :D :D :D
teb
Advanced Member

Post by teb »

Yep, they're really fun - especially for people like me who were never great singers in the first place. Mine aren't that sophisticated, I have a Harmony G and an original Voice Live, but it still amazes me that I can crank out reasonably complete sounding demos, just sitting in my office.

A couple of samples, using them on the vocals:
"The Seer" is the Voice Live and "Desert Rain" is the Harmony G.

http://www.broadjam.com/artists/songs.p ... aID=577946
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

Wow Todd,
Great song , great singer ! Why not making a video and post it on youtube ? It would have many clicks !!

Peter
All you need is love and a rick !
Dom

Post by Dom »

So I'm completely smitten with the TC Helicon VoiceLIve 3...such a game changer. In just about a day of messing around it pretty much has replaced my crazy pedalboard (10 years of refining) and my amp. I had reservations about getting this as I've used various multi fx boxes & boards for years & years and ditched all of them. Now I'm thinking of selling my beloved Orange AD 30 and going ampless as a result. Yes, that good.

I've never been able to get any kind of vocal clarity & definition from our PA before this. Now they sound studio quality live and all this with a cheap Radio Shack mic too. Haven't tried out my phantom power MXL V900 but I expect it will be that much better. Not had enough time to go through all the abilities and I've not fooled with the looper much. I'm running it through the PA & primarily trying out the amp tones & guitar FX. It has the feel of playing with great tube amp compression. Play lightly and it cleans up, hit it and you get tons of bite but not a huge volume difference between the two. I built a bunch of effects just to do that alone & now they are going to gather dust.

AC30 sims are nice but my favorites are the Little Thing amp mod & the Chime Drive which is a 65 Amp. Oh yeah Marshalls, Marshalls, Marshalls. I've never been big on Fender amps but the mods sound the part.

They put a lot of thought into this box. Hundreds of presets, global amp or vocal settings, tweek just the verb to tailor it for the venue and you can run an aux sound source into it. You can remap any of the buttons & it has the "hit" switch which allows me to turn on a combo of vocal & guitar FX for different sections in a song. Just the guitar/headphone cord alone makes a huge difference as I can run a monitor feed from a PA & mix the band, my vocals & guitar and the aux sound source in the phones in one cord. Hearing yourself as a singer makes 100% of the difference in how you perform. It aint karaoke folks.

Might pick up the reissued Supro 1624T Dual Tone amp if I ditch the Orange.

On a side note I tried out for the open PA announcer gig at Petco park for the San Diego Padres...like a half second delay in what you say & what you hear over the park PA so you have to completely ignore the PA. I was told I sounded good but spoke too fast & missed a word. Meh, music is more fun anyhow.

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”