Trying to source a Kluson tuner

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

dnaist

Trying to source a Kluson tuner

Post by dnaist »

You may have seen my recent post about a bent tuner on a '66 360/12. Well, I wouldn't recommend trying to bend one of these back. As careful as I was, it snapped. It looks like it was cast metal. I've searched online and can't find a source for a single vintage Kluson. I have posted on the "wanted" forum, but I thought I'd ask here if you know someone who might be an unadvertised source of parts.
Medicus1963

Re: Trying to source a Kluson tuner

Post by Medicus1963 »

Hi,
www.rockinger.com might have replicas. Göldo Company in Germany bought the rights on Kluson, because the original factory no longer exists!

i hope this helps.
regards

peter
All you need is love and a rick !
242_foxtrot

Post by 242_foxtrot »

What's the measurement of the post? I might be able to help you.
collin

Post by collin »

Gary, someone might have one on this forum, but often the best way is to keep an eye out on Ebay for a vintage single Kluson Deluxe double-line tuner. These were standard on Rickenbacker, some Gibson and Mosrite models (but note the Mosrite variety typically have a string post).

I can't recall from your post if it was a standard or octave string? The posts on the octave tuners are slightly longer than the standard ones, so keep that in mind.

Bummer about the broken stem. I've successfully straightened these before, but I'm not surprised that one broke. Perhaps a little heat would have helped, but who knows..
dnaist

Post by dnaist »

This is an octave tuner, so the post measures 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the base plate to the tip.
242_foxtrot

Post by 242_foxtrot »

My Klusons are to short. But, I do have some Ric Deluxe tuners that are that size. If you need one for a temporary fix. Message me your address.
dnaist

Post by dnaist »

I also pulled a non-octave tuner and the post is the same size as the octave on this guitar.
242_foxtrot

Post by 242_foxtrot »

Gary, I re-checked my Klusons. They are 1 inch from the base plate. I misread your post, sorry.
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

PM sent.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”