Pulled the trigger

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Kenbike

Pulled the trigger

Post by Kenbike »

Guys
Just purchased a 1967 360-12 fireglo off of Reverb that looks to be in great condition.
A one owner that has some use but spent many years without string tension so the neck angle looks ok.
Hopefully it shows up Thursday and is as nice in the flesh as I hope.
scotty

Re: Pulled the trigger

Post by scotty »

Congrats Ken post pics when It arrives :D
Kenbike

Post by Kenbike »

The Ric arrived yesterday, took to my weekly lesson last night and loved it! I was concerned the narrow neck would be tough to play but find it very comfortable. Love the sound and very happy.
The stereo jack bib not seem to work on the practice amp, this weekend I will test at home.

Not sure if this is normal but on my D28 Martin is kept tuned down and Place the capo on the first fret to get back to normal tuning. Keeps the string tension down and quick to set up for playing.

I normally don't keep guitars in the case but on a stand with humidity control and plan on the same for the 360.

I feel so lucky to be able to afford and find such a cool guitar :D
tcsmit29

Post by tcsmit29 »

Congratulations on the purchase, Ken. I am definitely jealous! A vintage 360/12 is on my wish list!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Way to go dude! Dumb question but just making sure... the ROS jack is intended to be used with a stereo cable by itself... never in combination with the mono jack. You did that right? It's NOT like a Gibson 355 where you plug two cables in.
Kenbike

Post by Kenbike »

I only used one cable when testing the ROS jack and only had sound off of one pickup, found you need the RIC sound kit to use the port. Really don't have a need to do so so will just use the standard port.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

If it was a mono cable, your guitar sounds fine.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”