Flagged as stolen in RickRegister.
Its here now:
https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/ ... 5a3430b887

What happens if I bid on it?
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: 73 4001 on auction flagged as stolen

Post by jps »

Too bad Gary is no longer around here to even see that his stolen instruments are being posted here.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

jps wrote:Too bad Gary is no longer around here to even see that his stolen instruments are being posted here.
Jeff --- I saw this and just sent a msg to Gary's cell phone. A stolen Rickenbacker in Anaheim, is close to where he lives.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Jeff --- I just spoke to Gary and he is following up on these several items at this Auction Site.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Okay, good. I was thinking he got paid by his insurance company and stopped looking.
8mileshigher

73 4001 on auction flagged as stolen

Post by 8mileshigher »

8mileshigher wrote:Jeff --- I just spoke to Gary and he is following up on these several items at this Auction Site.
jps wrote:Okay, good. I was thinking he got paid by his insurance company and stopped looking.
I don't believe that's the case and I don't necessarily believe Insurance companies jump right up there, in these circumstances, like some sort of Super Hero, to right all the wrongs. :shock: And the police detectives, with their limited resources, are more concerned with "bigger crimes" so you don't really get all the help you would like from them either. I'm afraid a lot of the leg work ends up having to get done by the injured party ..... :( :roll:
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

If you've got a decent insurance company AND policy (like my inland/marine one with Heritage) they definitely do just write you a check as soon as you show them a police report. I agree with the bit about the cops not chasing these thieves though. Way understaffed for that. Taxpayers sure do want their cake and eat it too don't they???
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

jdogric12 wrote:If you've got a decent insurance company AND policy (like my inland/marine one with Heritage) they definitely do just write you a check as soon as you show them a police report. I agree with the bit about the cops not chasing these thieves though. Way understaffed for that. Taxpayers sure do want their cake and eat it too don't they???
That sounds like great insurance coverage ! I think most police units are understaffed and, like you say, the taxpayers face the dilemma of wanting more coverage, but often face budget restraints and voters opposed to hiring more public servants.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

jps wrote:Too bad Gary is no longer around here to even see that his stolen instruments are being posted here.
Has he jumped ship from RRF?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

kennyhowes wrote:
I think he just doesn't visit or post often, or much at all anymore.
8mileshigher

73 4001 on auction flagged as stolen

Post by 8mileshigher »

jdogric12 wrote:
kennyhowes wrote:
I think he just doesn't visit or post often, or much at all anymore.
Gary is really busy with work, every time I talk with him. He doesn't get much time for posting much.

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”