Joey's Bass Notes???

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Gilmourisgod

Joey's Bass Notes???

Post by Gilmourisgod »

Excuse me if I missed a previous thread on this, but what happened to Joey's Bass Notes? It's disappeared on Facebook, is there still a link to it somewhere here on RRF?
callofcthulhu

Re: Joey's Bass Notes???

Post by callofcthulhu »

I'm willing and able to host a mirror, I just need someone who has a local archive to reconstruct it from. The site was not being indexed by the wayback machine.
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

Here you go.

Joey's bass notes and other insights by Joey have been incorporated into this forum as videos. Here's the link:

viewforum.php?f=107
callofcthulhu

Post by callofcthulhu »

Um...sorry, but a couple videos aren't an acceptable substitute for the comprehensive and annotated diagrams and photos concerning setup, wiring, and "how to spot a fake" that were neatly laid out for quick and easy reference on his site.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Joey said he was shutting it down, for a while anyway. Probably would be started up again sometime in the future...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

In the meantime, why don't all of you, who have the knowledge/information, work collectively to create an equivalent resource and put it on-line for everyone to use and grab whatever info they want/need off it for their own files. There are so many of you who are already more than well versed in all things Rickenbacker to be able to do so, together.
callofcthulhu

Post by callofcthulhu »

cjj wrote:Joey said he was shutting it down, for a while anyway. Probably would be started up again sometime in the future...
In that case, I find it even harder to believe no one pulled down a local archive.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote:Joey said he was shutting it down...
I don't blame him for doing so. He got tired of having to deal with a bunch of c*r*a*p from people.
Gilmourisgod

Post by Gilmourisgod »

Who gave him ****, and for what reason? That database was up for YEARS. I, for one, appreciated it hugely, often linked to it on Talkbass to reference Ric arcana, questions about authenticity or identifying fakes or "Lawsuit" era Japanese copies, etc. I hope he puts it back up, or somebody else hosts it. I'd do it myself, but I'm clueless as to how.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I thought he took it all down because other spammy websites were stealing his YouTube videos, uncredited and without notification or permission, and using them to drive traffic and sell advertising on their own sites.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jdogric12 wrote:I thought he took it all down because other spammy websites were stealing his YouTube videos, uncredited and without notification or permission, and using them to drive traffic and sell advertising on their own sites.
Yes, this, among other things, too.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

I wish we could hear from Joey once in a while here. He is, afterall, one of the moderators of this Forum. Come to think of it, we don't hear from Tony much, either.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Nor, most of the other mods, for that matter.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

The "mods" were implemented back when there was a ton of traffic and help was needed to squash problems. Heck, I was one at first until I opted out.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

I guess my point is that Joey and Tony are missed, not because of their moderator duties, but because of their once frequent contributions to the conversations. There are a lot of stalwarts who seemed to have disappeared, at least over here in the bass section.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”