My interview with Steve Lasko, creator of JangleBox

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Dig it!

In Episode 5 of my new podcast, I interview Mr. Steve Lasko! We talk about Reston (Virginia, USA) and JangleBox and all kinds of neat stuff!

And look at the pic... he's holding my Sea Green 5002v58!

http://www.metrosongs.org/podcast
scotty

Re: My interview with Steve Lasko, creator of JangleBox

Post by scotty »

Nice one!
tcsmit29

Post by tcsmit29 »

Very cool conversation, Jason! Thanks for sharing!
larsongs

Post by larsongs »

I bought an Original Used Janglebox from a Forum friend a couple years ago. He bought it new & it worked very hard for several years. Gigging regularly. After a few months it quit working.. I called Janglebox to get suggestions as to what it could be & what I should do. Who answers the Phone? Steve Lasko. I've heard he's a Super Cool Guy but had no idea how cool he was.

He said, "Send it to them & they'd take a look". So I did. They completely rebuilt to new condition & sent it back to me.. The cost was minimal but well worth it.. I got it back & it worked great, like brand new! I used it almost daily for the next couple years with no problem. It worked very hard over that couple of years. Then it went out again..

I loved the Sound of this Original Janglebox & thought I'll just get it rebuilt again. I called Janglebox. Who answers the Phone? Yep, Steve Lasko.. We chatted for a while & he told me about all the new things they were working on & new Products coming out in the near future.. I told him the situation & he said, it probably would't be worth it to rebuild it again.. And told about the new Janglebox's.. I told him I wanted to get another one & I opted for a 50th Anniv. Byrds model..

I wasn't expecting anything but he extended a very nice courtesy to me.. I won't say what. But, he didn't have to & I wasn't expecting any special treatment. Needless to say it was very nice & very appreciated.. And the 50th Anniv. Byrds Janglebox is every bit as good as the Original & maybe better...

He's good People in my Book!!! I recommend their Product & him as the best to do Business with..
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Jason, catching up here and your interview with Steve Lasko is well done !

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”