Two Transonic 100's

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kryan5732

Two Transonic 100's

Post by kryan5732 »

Hi. I have two, yes two Transonic 100's that I am going to sell. Both are complete and work but I would (as I was going to) send them back to Mr. Rissi for a full going through. One is totally complete with the original Utah's and the other is complete except I had to buy the Altecs for it. They both sound pretty good but have little buzzes and pops, hence they should go back to Bob. I have spoken to him many times. Reason for sale is I bought a 1966 Corvette. Both have the original power cords. I am pricing them at $1600 FIRM. You have to also pay shipping. I have more than that in both of them. The pic I have is too big. I'll resize and post later. Thanks, Kevin
collin

Re: Two Transonic 100's

Post by collin »

Good luck on the sale Kevin, if I didn't already have a Transonic I'd sure be considering.

And congrats on the '66 Corvette! That must offer much better road handling than the Voxmobile you had! :D

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

kryan5732

Post by kryan5732 »

Yes, The Voxmobile went to Jeff Dunham. Hopefully he will restore it to its former glory!!! Actually not sure if the Vette handles any better, same technology almost!!!
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

Long gone?
kryan5732

Post by kryan5732 »

No, I still have one! In the shop getting a little work done!
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

But the Voxmobile must be a chick magnet!
Don't let democracy end democracy.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Here's a link to a Vintage Guitar article on the Voxmobile:

https://www.vintageguitar.com/30171/the-voxmobile/

As an early teen I had one of the big 1968 Vox catalogs with the Voxmobile on the back cover, also the smaller '69 "New Sound for the New Scene;" literally wore them out. I still have the '67 fold out promotional. In early '72(?) I ordered a Vox Sovereign Bass amp through the local dealer, Jerry's Guitar Center (no relation to the G.C.), and after waiting a while for it to arrive was told by Jerry Stufflebeam (R.I.P., Jerry!) that the company had gone out of production. I wrote to Vox in Sepulvida about the situation and my love of Vox amps and received a letter from Stan Cutler himself thanking me for my endorsement! I had no idea who he was at the time and have long since lost that along with much of the cool stuff I had in those days.

I'm glad for the opportunity to have seen an actual used Rickenbacker Transonic 100 at another iconic Peoria, IL store, Matthew's Music, around that same time. Who knew these things would become historical artifacts?

Witnessing the fate of many '60s items; hopefully they will find safe homes. To younger relatives and students who play music, the idea of possessing even a Silverface Princeton or a small '60s tube Vox amp (stuff one could take for granted up through the '70s) is pretty amazing for them. They mostly have to settle for Chinese reproductions, however true to the originals they may be.

One of the best things about Rickenbacker is that due to it's family lineage it is simultaneously vintage and contemporary. Not many musical instrument products can make that claim.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”