May Be Picking UP a 1985 4001V63 MG Need advice

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Baz Cooper

Re: May Be Picking UP a 1985 4001V63 MG Need advice

Post by Baz Cooper »

Here's one that sold 7 months ago last year for $3250...plus $75.00 shipping...and mine is 2 days earlier.....

https://reverb.com/item/15354119-ricken ... production

I just don't like being accused of "Flipping" a bass when that is NOT what I am doing...Fock, Man...In fact...If I can come up with the money I need, I'll Keep the Focking bass...Geez...everybody is a Judge Jury and Executioner behind the keyboard...I hope and Pray to God None of you are Ever on a Jury....I truly Like this bass....but YOU PEOPLE judge too quickly....NOT COOL, Dudes....
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

I saw this bass on Reverb as far back as late 2016, and thought long and hard about it. The seller wanted $3k and wouldn't ship it, you had to make the trip to N. Chicago, and don't think it didn't cross my mind! To be honest, I was mildly annoyed when the current owner announced his intention to aquire it, but his enthusiasm rung really true to me --- I highly doubt he intended just to flip it, if he was, he must be a real pro!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Korladis

Post by Korladis »

Baz Cooper wrote:Here's one that sold 7 months ago last year for $3250...plus $75.00 shipping...and mine is 2 days earlier.....

https://reverb.com/item/15354119-ricken ... production

I just don't like being accused of "Flipping" a bass when that is NOT what I am doing...Fock, Man...In fact...If I can come up with the money I need, I'll Keep the Focking bass...Geez...everybody is a Judge Jury and Executioner behind the keyboard...I hope and Pray to God None of you are Ever on a Jury....I truly Like this bass....but YOU PEOPLE judge too quickly....NOT COOL, Dudes....
I think people do need to consider that Rickenbackers are harder to come by in Europe as far as the price, too.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”