RIC-Made Treble PUP Bezels Available!

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Re: RIC-Made Treble PUP Bezels Available!

Post by admin »

The reminders that posters should be civil and respectful of others is sage advice. I thank those who have echoed this perspective here.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Gilmourisgod

Post by Gilmourisgod »

Hall has never been shy about his contempt for anybody he felt was ripping off his IP. He still wears the Big Boy Pants over at Ric, if he can't stand some negative commentary about what appears to be blatant hypocrisy and IP theft on his part, then he's not really someone I care to hear from on this forum anyway. Others may feel differently, that's cool, civil disagreement is the heart of any Forum. I'm sure whoever built this excellent forum from the ground up never intended it to be a vanity haven for Hall, where no criticism exists. I highly doubt he cares what is discussed here, if he does, he can come on and post why IP theft is bad for others, but good for him, or offer some explanation as to why this isn't what it appears to be. Even his strongest supporters have to admit it looks pretty bad, but I'll wait for some explanation.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

aceonbass wrote:...so rather than jump the gun and rush to judgement, I think we all should let this situation play itself out.
I appreciate your point, Dane, as it really is easy to rush to judgement in the age of the 24-hour news cycle. Maybe we'll learn more soon.

That said, it's great that folks are recognizing Frank's hard work that went into the original bezels. I'd love to see some kind of partnership happen. Frank has the chrome bezels on lock... they're works of art.
virginplayer

Post by virginplayer »

aceonbass wrote:
virginplayer wrote:
Gilmourisgod wrote:At a stroke, Ric surrenders the high ground on IP infringement. So much for Hall's High Horse, I think he can climb down off it now and shut his trap about fakers and copycats.
They have finally become what they once pursued: selling a copied product at a vastly reduced price! What a nerve!

I wonder how many of those I have seen over the years fawning over John Hall on this site (and the RIC official) will buy one? Nobody's even dared bring the issue up on the RIC forum. Too scared to stand on daddy's toes?
With your very limited involvement of SIX postings here, you may wanna refrain from insulting members of this or the RIC corporate forum by insinuating that they're some kind of fan boys. This is a very unusual situation, so rather than jump the gun and rush to judgement, I think we all should let this situation play itself out. I for one miss the RIC corporate involvement on this site, and open hostility towards RIC doesn't get us anywhere, and risks making the RRF another version of TalkBass or FaceBook.
Would you care to point out to me where I actually insulted anyone in my post. Where are the insults? The floor is yours....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For the record, input from RIC is always welcome here. Their contribution here has historically been helpful in allowing us to see a broader perspective. It is, after all, their efforts that have allowed us play fine instruments and appreciate the music of many performers over the years.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

virginplayer wrote:Would you care to point out to me where I actually insulted anyone in my post. Where are the insults? The floor is yours....
"I wonder how many of those I have seen over the years fawning over John Hall on this site (and the RIC official) will buy one? Nobody's even dared bring the issue up on the RIC forum. Too scared to stand on daddy's toes?

This statement is disrespectful to John Hall and other fans of the brand to the point of being insulting.
virginplayer

Post by virginplayer »

aceonbass wrote:
virginplayer wrote:Would you care to point out to me where I actually insulted anyone in my post. Where are the insults? The floor is yours....
"I wonder how many of those I have seen over the years fawning over John Hall on this site (and the RIC official) will buy one? Nobody's even dared bring the issue up on the RIC forum. Too scared to stand on daddy's toes?

This statement is disrespectful to John Hall and other fans of the brand to the point of being insulting.
It's neither insulting nor disrespectful; it's a fact! Naturally, if you choose to see it as 'insulting', go ahead.

I am insulted by many things I read on the internet; I just don't crow about it.

Nice back-track, by the way.

Now, back to the bezels.......
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

And it's a fact that all of your 8 posts have been nothing but negative about the brand, and John Hall. You've offered nothing of substance to any of the discussions you've popped in on. Do you even own a Rickenbacker instrument? If so, is there anything you like about it/them?
Guzzitd63

Post by Guzzitd63 »

GOAT.jpg
Frank's GOAT Treble Bezel. 8)

Thanks Frank! You da best.
sunsetjunk

Post by sunsetjunk »

Thanks!! happy Mother’s Day!
And what’s “GOAT”????
Guzzitd63

Post by Guzzitd63 »

sunsetjunk wrote:Thanks!! happy Mother’s Day!
And what’s “GOAT”????
GOAT = Greatest of All Time!
A little hyperbole never hurt, right? 8)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great photo David. Thanks for positing it and for your comments. Happy enjoy your Rickenbacker day.

flognoth

Post by flognoth »

I may not have the posting history here to offer a valid opnion in some frequent members' eyes. I have to agree with Gilmourisgod. I don't see the insult. While I may have chosen different wording, I agree with the overall sentiment.

Frank makes a great product and I am happy to own a couple of his Treble Bezels and I would continue to support him and his efforts moving forward. I find the situation disheartening too and somewhat hypocritical given past things I've read on here and the company's forum.

I remember reading back through the the Hipshot bridge thread here and John Hall's claims that the was infringement because it utilized the same footprint. If memory serves correct, John was not kinder with his words than Gilmourisgod was. In that situation Hipshot prevailed legally. I believe that to be a good thing, I prefer their bridge to the stock one.

Frank's responses to this situation have been nothing but classy in my opinion. I hope he prevails too.

Personally, I think criticism can good and also a learning experience / opportunity. What matters is how it is stated.
Gilmourisgod

Post by Gilmourisgod »

Well spoken ^^^^^^^
Those who have always been very critical of companies (or individuals) copying Rickenbacker IP need to turn that same righteous withering eye on Hall now, to do less would be hypocritical at best. Still waiting for an explanation as to why ripping off the Tubeampology design wholesale, down to the name, is OK, but Chinabackers and Lawsuit basses are the Devils Spawn. I'm sure some legal hairs can be split, and someone will be along shortly to split them, no doubt. Still waiting.....
Gilmourisgod

Post by Gilmourisgod »

What's the final word on this? As it stands, Ric looks like just another garden-variety IP thief, which is more than a little ironic after all those years of Hall litigating and bloviating about what a terrible thing that is done by others. Do I hear the sound of crickets on this one?

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”