Introducing the Al Cisneros Signature 4003S

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

teeder

Re: Introducing the Al Cisneros Signature 4003S

Post by teeder »

I can't see the bass, since I don't have instagram, so I don't know what it looks like, but here are a couple comments:

Years ago I had everything lined up to make sandcast aluminum TP's just like the old ones. I laser scanned one of my old ones to make the pattern from. I would have been able to make 6 at a time and total cost with machining (minus plating) was under $100.00 per unit. Obviously, I couldn't get an OK from Mr. Hall, so I didn't move any further.

I also have a design that is an add-on to the existing TP that allows palm muting with no modifications. If I ever get some free time, I'll make a few up with my 3d printer for a test run.

So much **** in my head and not enough time to do anything with it. :roll: :wink: :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Here are a few pics...
full.jpg
body.jpg
pickguard.jpg
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Korladis

Post by Korladis »

cassius987 wrote:
thisismusicinc wrote:I like the will to do something completely different
This. 8)
Gilmourisgod wrote:Anybody know if that's the new standard 4003 bridge, or just a teaser for this limited run? Hard to believe they'd go to all the trouble of new design and casting if that wasn't going to be the new version. I fervently hope so, it's the single most common gripe, and this version retains the classic look. You still won't be able to palm-mute behind the bridge pup, but I think its a decent tradeoff for easily adjustable intonation and string spacing. Hopefully they beefed up the casting thickness while they were at it.
Casting it for a limited run only does seem odd, but who knows.

If the "teeth" could even just be lowered a sukosh and the adjustment knobs replaced with something lower profile, it would probably allow facile palm muting on most Rics. I can already palm mute the E, A and D strings pretty well on my 4003S with the stock bridge. It's just the G string that's tricky. However, on a fretless Ric it's a different story - have the bring the saddles down quite a bit more without the frets, and this makes palm muting near impossible.
Never really been a concern for me, since I never palm mute.

I suspect that Al doesn't, either.
Korladis

Post by Korladis »

teeder wrote:I can't see the bass, since I don't have instagram, so I don't know what it looks like, but here are a couple comments:

Years ago I had everything lined up to make sandcast aluminum TP's just like the old ones. I laser scanned one of my old ones to make the pattern from. I would have been able to make 6 at a time and total cost with machining (minus plating) was under $100.00 per unit. Obviously, I couldn't get an OK from Mr. Hall, so I didn't move any further.

I also have a design that is an add-on to the existing TP that allows palm muting with no modifications. If I ever get some free time, I'll make a few up with my 3d printer for a test run.

So much **** in my head and not enough time to do anything with it. :roll: :wink: :lol:
It's also on their FB.
teeder

Post by teeder »

Korladis wrote:
teeder wrote:I can't see the bass, since I don't have instagram, so I don't know what it looks like, but here are a couple comments:

It's also on their FB.
Which I'm also not on.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Nice to see the forward motion!
Don't let democracy end democracy.
thisismusicinc

Post by thisismusicinc »

Rickenbacker has posted on facebook and instagram:

Newly re-engineered tailpiece, two RIC-made treble bezels with each 4003AC, AND... a single dual action truss rod.

In the comments they say about the tailpiece, " we love our friends at Schaller, but this one is 100% organically Rickenbacker produced!"

:shock: :) 8)
Attachments
4003AC.jpg
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

thisismusicinc wrote:Rickenbacker has posted on facebook and instagram:

Newly re-engineered tailpiece, two RIC-made treble bezels with each 4003AC, AND... a single dual action truss rod.

In the comments they say about the tailpiece, " we love our friends at Schaller, but this one is 100% organically Rickenbacker produced!"

:shock: :) 8)
8) Thumbs up on all counts. That's awesome. Looking forward to seeing the tailpiece and bezels. Been thinking a single truss rod would make a lot of sense.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Although, I'm not a fan of the bass, I do like the new bridge, and I think I like the single rod. just curious though, one of the unique things about Rick basses has been the "replaceable" truss rods.

I wonder if this can still be done?
"Knowledge is Power"
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

Very interesting. I might have to snag one!

I like the dual high gain pickups with the height-adjustable surrounds, and the pickup positioning looks like it would give some great tonal options. I'd do some minor, easily-reversible mods to it to suit my tastes but it looks very interesting.

Nice to see some new ideas coming from RIC!
teeder

Post by teeder »

and the pickup positioning looks like it would give some great tonal options.
+1. I'd like to hear that.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Good to "hear" from you, Jeff T.! :D
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
henry5
Advanced Member

Post by henry5 »

$100 per unit? Even with the cost of adding plating, I'd have bought a couple! Shame you couldn't get the go-ahead.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Has anyone got their hands on one of these yet? I am thinking about pulling the trigger, assuming I can find one...
ilan
RRF Consultant

Post by ilan »

Looks like Rickenbacker are going through their own Henry J era right now.
"A Noble Instrument Must Be Nobly Regarded"

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”