Special editions

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

BRcarlos

Special editions

Post by BRcarlos »

How does one find out about new special edition basses? I just saw a 2019 Rickenbacker 4003S JPS Pearlstar. I never heard of this bass but would like to be informed if any special edition basses are being released.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Re: Special editions

Post by cheyenne »

Know one ever really knows whats coming from RIC. As far as the "special editions" aka "one off's", they usually just toss them out there on facebook or drop them in their boutique for sale.

Occasionally, a dealer will get with RIC and order a small inventory of basses. Usually limited to 20 -50 pieces, they will have custom finishes, checker binding, vintage pickups, ect.... I believe the Jetglo Pearlstar basses were a special run for Sweetwater Music.

You just have to keep your eye's open, and be ready to purchase.
"Knowledge is Power"
clementc3

Post by clementc3 »

As an example of how unpredictable Rickenbacker is when it comes to "special editions," it appears that Fuller Guitars got two "Cadillac Green" Rickenbacker instruments - a 660 (6-string) and a 4003S/5.

There is no mention of Cadillac Green on the RIC website (which sorely needs to be updated), nor anywhere else that I could find on the web. As far as I can tell, these two instruments were a "two-off". If there are others, they haven't come to market yet.

I jumped on the Cadillac Green 660 (the 4003S/5 is still available on Reverb.com and eBay) because I have been on the hunt for a Turquoise 660 (I have a Turquoise 660/12) and I thought that perhaps "Cadillac Green" was a misnomer for Turquoise, but it is not. It is a beautiful green, close to but definitely not the same as Turquoise.

"Cadillac Green" might not be the best name for the color, looking at what Gretsch calls "Cadillac Green", but it may depend on your particular Cadillac.
Rickenbacker 2019 Cadillac Green 660
Rickenbacker 2019 Cadillac Green 660
grogic

Post by grogic »

cheyenne wrote:Know one ever really knows whats coming from RIC. As far as the "special editions" aka "one off's", they usually just toss them out there on facebook or drop them in their boutique for sale.

Occasionally, a dealer will get with RIC and order a small inventory of basses. Usually limited to 20 -50 pieces, they will have custom finishes, checker binding, vintage pickups, ect.... I believe the Jetglo Pearlstar basses were a special run for Sweetwater Music.

You just have to keep your eye's open, and be ready to purchase.
Or keep them closed...

http://boutique.rickenbacker.com/4030-B ... p_784.html

:lol:
henry5
Advanced Member

Post by henry5 »

I really like that!
Guzzitd63

Post by Guzzitd63 »

grogic wrote:
Or keep them closed...

That "Bottle Green" bass was actually for sale for all of a half an hour before someone snapped it up.
That was over a week ago, if I remember correctly.
I still maintain it would have sold even faster had they called it "Absinthe-Glo." :twisted:

*edit* I went back and looked at the TB thread.
I believe it sold on 9/17/2019.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I always thought this was Gretsch's Cadillac Green. Without the routing. :lol:
Attachments
cadillac green.jpg
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

If I get what you mean by routing, that's an arm rest, not a route. :?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Indeed Jeffrey! In either case, not a pretty look. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Perhaps, but it certainly is functional, more so, on an acoustic instrument, a la, a John Pearce arm rest.
JT19051901-body-large.jpg
John Pearce Arm Rest.jpg
collin

Post by collin »

admin wrote:Indeed Jeffrey! In either case, not a pretty look. :)
Beg to differ!

I think it's classy, love touches like the arm rest.

Also, Cadillac Green is the best. :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Collin we can surely agree on the Cadillac green. I'll put some arm rests on my screen saver and see if I can get used to them and modify my thinking. :)

First up!
Attachments
gretsch penguin.jpg

bdawson7

Post by bdawson7 »

admin wrote:Collin we can surely agree on the Cadillac green. I'll put some arm rests on my screen saver and see if I can get used to them and modify my thinking. :)

First up!
My goodness, I am used to that already. I was used to it before I saw it!
Peterbuilt

Post by Peterbuilt »

Guzzitd63 wrote:
grogic wrote:
Or keep them closed...

That "Bottle Green" bass was actually for sale for all of a half an hour before someone snapped it up.
That was me. The 4030 is a great concept - tad different, great tone and looks. I love the colour. 8)
Gear: #greenmachines
- Peterbuilt Basses / RickenbackerFarm (dealer) -
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations Peter! I love the looks and would like to hear the sound of this bass.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”