Best New Addition at RIC

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Re: Best New Addition at RIC

Post by admin »

collin wrote:The best new addition at RIC.... has been a CNC machine. :mrgreen:
Collin, excellent comment. [Rim Shot here]. This has added consistency to the assembly line. Now if we can just agree on the dimensions. :lol:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Tubwompus

Post by Tubwompus »

Sayeth ChuckEds...
“The 350V63, best re-issue of a model that never existed. Not too big, not too small and everything RIC!”

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement with the addition of the 1993Plus!
I wanted a 325 forever but was put off by a few guys whom I really respect who had them, but let them go, due to their quirks.
Those guys were all excellent players and if the 325 was a highway for THEM, then it would be unplayable to someone such as myself.
Then I became aware of the full-scale version with the 350 and it was all over and I LOVE mine.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

jps wrote:The 4003AC is a pretty amazing instrument in several regards (green inlays, notwithstanding, to me).
Ditto. I adore mine. Just gigged with it today. Something really pleasing about the sound of this one. It's easy to fit into a mix yet growls like a champ when you want that. I will try steel rounds on it later and see what that does, but the nickel rounds that came with it offer a pretty broad spectrum of tones. I was afraid it would make that scooped-out hollow sound a Jazz Bass does with both pickups on full, but it doesn't. Something about the Hi-Gains or another element of the Ric bass design must be compensating.
pauleway

Post by pauleway »

Tubwompus wrote:Sayeth ChuckEds...
“The 350V63, best re-issue of a model that never existed. Not too big, not too small and everything RIC!”

My favorite also!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

pauleway wrote:
Tubwompus wrote:Sayeth ChuckEds...

My favorite also!!!
Sign me up as a big admirer of the Model 350 too!
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
ChuckEds

Post by ChuckEds »

Glad to see all the love for the 350V63! I got mine new in '96, just happened to stop by my local guitar shop after work one day and there was a stack of RICs that had just come in. We opened them up and at first thought it was a 320, I was a little disappointed but after taking a closer look realized it was full scale. I snatched it up then and there and have had it ever since. It plays and sounds awesome, and it's rock solid, never had to have any set up work done on it in 24 years.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ChuckEds wrote:Glad to see all the love for the 350V63! I got mine new in '96, just happened to stop by my local guitar shop after work one day and there was a stack of RICs that had just come in. We opened them up and at first thought it was a 320, I was a little disappointed but after taking a closer look realized it was full scale. I snatched it up then and there and have had it ever since. It plays and sounds awesome, and it's rock solid, never had to have any set up work done on it in 24 years.
Chuck, while we are talking about the 350, please come back with some photos. Always nice to put a face with a name.

ChuckEds

Post by ChuckEds »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”