Wanted to Photograph -- '60s Lefty Roundtop 360 series

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Re: Wanted to Photograph -- '60s Lefty Roundtop 360 series

Post by admin »

jps wrote:The Fender book came out in the mid '90s., and is a far cry better book than his Rickenbacker book.

Will be interesting to see this new book coming out,
I really enjoy reading books about guitars and basses. I have found, however, since websites and forums have emerged that I have broadened my knowledge base that exceeds what I might have have otherwise learned from printed media.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Lately, I have been, mostly, reading (and buying) books on the Arts & Crafts era (mid 1800s to around 1930, or so). I have a three year backlog of Vintage Guitar magazine to read through, sometime.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jps wrote:Lately, I have been, mostly, reading (and buying) books on the Arts & Crafts era (mid 1800s to around 1930, or so). I have a three year backlog of Vintage Guitar magazine to read through, sometime.
The online version of Vintage Guitar looks pretty good and may save you some space. :lol:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Martin and Paul Kelly's book is spectacular. They have really done their homework and I can't tell you how many things they've uncovered that I knew nothing about. Rickenbacker aficionados (Fender historians too . . .) are in for a real treat.

It's not a nuts and bolts or oddities book, with every single variation or esoteric minutiae detailed- it's an information-rich catalog to the history of the company and the products.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

johnhall wrote:Martin and Paul Kelly's book is spectacular. They have really done their homework and I can't tell you how many things they've uncovered that I knew nothing about. Rickenbacker aficionados (Fender historians too . . .) are in for a real treat.

It's not a nuts and bolts or oddities book, with every single variation or esoteric minutiae detailed- it's an information-rich catalog to the history of the company and the products.
John, thanks for this update. This is real good news and I look forward to its publication.

leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

libratune wrote:I'm assisting Martin and Paul Kelly in putting together a comprehensive book on Rickenbacker instruments. The Kelly brothers are located in the UK and have authored the book, Fender the Golden Age -- 1954-1970.
Martin is looking for at least one lefty Rickenbacker "roundtop" 360, 365, 370, 375 to photograph for the book.
Martin will be in NYC on April 23 setting up at John Peden's studio to do photos of various Rick instruments.
If you are aware of any Rick collectors or dealers in the NYC area that might have a lefty roundtop of the type that Martin is looking for, please contact me via PM.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.
Ron, did you ever find anyone...? I wish I had known this, for my LH ‘67 360/12 now resides in lower Manhattan......
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

Perhaps due to COVID the photography has been put on hold...?

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”