Why Did You Let Your Rickenbacker Go?

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Why did you let your Rickenbacker guitar or bass go?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:40 am

Playability
19%
Tone
6%
Aesthetics
2%
Weight
2%
Problems of Adjustment
6%
Quality of Construction
No votes
Trade for Another Instrument
27%
Financial
21%
Other
17%

Total votes: 48

drumbob
RRF Consultant

Re: Why Did You Let Your Rickenbacker Go?

Post by drumbob »

I sold the Ruby Red 360 I bought a few years ago for reasons that still elude me. It wasn't getting much playing time for starters. I think the main reason was, I just didn't think I had the need for a Rick six string anywhere on my gigs. I didn't know what to do with it. Since buying the MB 620 last year, I have realized I do have a use for a Rick six, so I'm buying another Ruby Red 360 from a forum member over at gearpage in a couple of weeks. It's such a beautiful guitar. I also found a teal 330 that knocked my socks off on craigslist. It would be nice to get them both, but that probably won't happen.
engineer909

Re: Why Did You Let Your Rickenbacker Go?

Post by engineer909 »

I just did not play them anymore. I've had at least nine Rickenbacker guitars since 1973. I figure someone else should have them, play them as they were meant to be played. I don't play out anymore, which is where I'd usually use my Ric. I'm just an acoustic player now. Just something to pass the time. I had some great guitars though, all the way from a model 1000 to 360/12 strings, 3 325 guitars, a model 450S. Also had a 480 and 330/12. I sold a couple for financial reasons, but mainly, I just didn't use them.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”