NGD: Turquoise 330

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

My 1995 Turquoise 330 arrived Friday and I'm extremely pleased with it. It's dead mint and plays very well. Now, I just have to get the ancient strings off it so It'll stay in tune.

Now, you all know why I was asking about turquoise Ricks last week. I had one coming, but the deal wasn't quite done yet, and I wasn't about to blab about it here or anywhere else. Here's the story.

I found this Rick on Utica CL over two months ago. Then, it disappeared after two or three days, so I figured, that's it, sold, it wasn't meant to be. About three weeks ago, I checked Utica CL again, and there it was, back up for sale. I immediately contacted the owner, an older gentleman who didn't play much anymore due to arthritis. He bought the guitar a while back from a young woman in California who had bought the guitar new to learn to play. Imagine having this as your first guitar, right? The woman tried, but gave up quickly, and the guitar just sat in it's case for decades until she sold it to the guy in Utica. He brought it back to NY state.

We agreed on a price and I paid him. I also had him go to extra pains to ensure it was packed securely, as I have had three mishaps from FedEx in the last year while shipping guitars. He packed it very well and it arrived via UPS in great shape. Just for the record, I am done shipping guitars with FedEx, as there's a gorilla in one of their local facilities who apparently delights in throwing guitar boxes around.

I see this new Rick as being meant to be mine. Some things are just "meant to be," and this was one of them. The same thing happened when I bought my WWII A2 flight jacket years ago from a store in Gettysburg, PA. The jacket sat in a glass case for nearly three years until I finally forked over $800 and brought it home. It waited for me to buy it. It was fate.

Here's a photo of the 330 Turquoise.
Attachments
Rick 330 Turquoise.jpg
stringsncords
Intermediate Member

Re: NGD: Turquoise 330

Post by stringsncords »

Congratulations, Bob! That's a Beauty.

Enjoy!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A gorgeous Turquoise, Bob. Congratulations. :D
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jch
Intermediate Member

Post by jch »

Congrats Bob!

That's a great colour!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Very nice, Congrats Bob !
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

Thanks, all. The guitar is now with my tech, who's changing strings and getting it set up properly. The action was a bit high when I got it, but I lowered it successfully. I'm sure it'll be great when I get it back. The neck was dead straight when I received it.
Clifton

Post by Clifton »

Turquoise is such a great color on Rickenbackers! Nice guitar!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Cool! COngrats. Gold guards look great on TUR btw. Oven knobs too, just hide the 5th knob in the cavity and use some masking tape to hold it in place.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

jdogric12 wrote:Cool! COngrats. Gold guards look great on TUR btw. Oven knobs too, just hide the 5th knob in the cavity and use some masking tape to hold it in place.
What J-Dog said; for about a year I had Gold Guards and Oven knobs on my TUR WB ... which, conicidentally, I bought from J-Dog (I bought Gold Guards/Oven knobs after the purchase). I re-installed the original knobs and guards after about a year though. Can't remember why. Still have the guards and knobs. :)

Congratulations on your TUR 330! Nice model, nice finish! :)
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”