ISO Pickguard for my ‘59 425

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Wizz

ISO Pickguard for my ‘59 425

Post by Wizz »

Hey all, this is a long shot but I figured you fine folks would be my best shot. I’m on the hunt to replace my cracked 425 pickguard. Was looking at pickguardian recently but didn’t see the exact one I needed due to the pickups moving around from one generation to the next (mines the version that has the pickup in line with the pickguard screw). I don’t really want to disassemble the guitar to the extent needed to take a tracing of the existing one for a repro, knowing full well that it will probably cost more and be a lengthier search I’d still much rather find a legit vintage Rick one then have one made, I’d even settle for a “slightly less damaged” one if anyone has something floating around. I’ve attached a picture to show the detail more clearly regarding the pickup placement. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated and hey if you got one collecting dust somewhere....I’m your guy!

Regards,

Wizz
Attachments
8DA2DF89-8279-4473-B118-08A61799E6F5.jpeg
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: ISO Pickguard for my ‘59 425

Post by jdogric12 »

I wouldn't do a tracing. I would mail Tony the original. I realize this isn't the answer you wanted to hear lol

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”