Registry update question

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

CoryB

Registry update question

Post by CoryB »

I have recently purchased several new Rickenbacker guitars and tried to add them to the registry. However, I am unable to add them as they have already been registered from the dealer website. Email sent to "admin at rickresource . com" (to the proper email address) come back as being undeliverable after multiple retries.

Interestingly, the used 2008 that I bought let me add it.

Is the register to keep track of the instruments only, or is it to associate them with the current owners?

Thanks.
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Registry update question

Post by jps »

CoryB wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:35 pm I have recently purchased several new Rickenbacker guitars and tried to add them to the registry. However, I am unable to add them as they have already been registered from the dealer website. Email sent to "admin at rickresource . com" (to the proper email address) come back as being undeliverable after multiple retries.

Interestingly, the used 2008 that I bought let me add it.

Is the register to keep track of the instruments only, or is it to associate them with the current owners?

Thanks.
Are those instruments listed as CI (collected instrument)?
CoryB

Post by CoryB »

Yes, all three of them are marked CI. I see that means Collected Item, but what does that mean?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

That means that someone "rummaged" through websites and/or stores collecting data to add instruments to the register. I always thought (previous to learning this) that the owners of these instruments could add them to the register.
Tache3

Post by Tache3 »

jps wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:43 pm That means that someone "rummaged" through websites and/or stores collecting data to add instruments to the register. I always thought (previous to learning this) that the owners of these instruments could add them to the register.
You can 'own' an entry to the register if you become the owner of the instrument in question. Just drop the mods a message and the entry will be assigned to you. It takes a while as the mods are busy but you can then make changes to the entry (add photos and info etc) and the CI tag will disappear.

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”