BIG-ASS POWER OUTAGE in NYC, Boston, Canada

News, weather & sports

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

bassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by bassman »

Thanks to my fellow countrymen for sending excess available hydro to our province of Ontario. We were 20 hrs without power. Lost a lot of food in our fridge but that was the worst.
Well not quite the worst. The wife and I had second row center seats last night to see Huey Lewis and The News. But the show got cancelled at 8:05. It was due to start at 8:00 PM.
What a drag! And the tickets we got were freebees.
The show is to be rescheduled for the middle of November. @#%!!!!!!
Also the Steely Dan concert was cancelled.
Tonight Herman's Hermits are also cancelled due to the power shortage.
But at least we have lights and our refrigerators and freezers are running again. Which is more than I can say for public transit, which isn't.
Thanks again my fellow Canadians!
rob
Veteran RRF member

Post by rob »

Maybe someone who works for the electric company wanted to pull a prank. That's what I think.

As for the blackout, I'm use to them. I'm no stranger to blackouts............... ;)
rictified

Post by rictified »

No offense intended, but this whole California thing just reinforces most of the rest of the United States perception that California is a state full of nuts! LOL.
And I don't for one minute believe that bad power lines caused this blackout, it is just another case of the government and large corporations (same thing?) holding back the truth from the american public. Things like that don't happen all of a sudden.
Hey Peter, what do you think of a Rickenbacker related political thread? Kind of like Ric owners and their political leanings. LOL
rictified

Post by rictified »

No?.... I didn't think so.

Return to “News At 11”