Weird, weird Horseshoe problem

Building pickups from the ground up

Moderator: jingle_jangle

soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

If you have a strong enough field to do the charging of the magnets, the magnet will charge to whatever gauss level they can handle. Being precharged to one level or another doesn't matter. After they're charged, they will discharge a bit to a level and stay there for a long time unless subjected to something that will discharge them more rapidly.
stevebasshead

Post by stevebasshead »

Cheers Greg, that's good to know.

Steve.
Laziness is just resting before you get tired...

Mission Statement: "I shall endeavour to pummel your underdanglings with tidal waves of bassily groovings. Oh yea."
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Let that Instigator rip tonight, Steve.Image
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
xsubs

Post by xsubs »

Let us know how it worked out for you, Steve.
Rickenbacker '64 & '68 4001 basses ♦ Fender Pre-CBS J & P Basses and 1968 Telecaster Bass ♦ Moog Taurus III Bass Pedals ♦ Hiwatt (Hylight) Amplification
"A good bassist determines the direction of any band."- Ron Carter
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

You should be receiving the new pickup very shortly now, Sean.
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
stevebasshead

Post by stevebasshead »

Sérgio, that's one fine sounding pickup, it responds brilliantly when driven by aggressive picking !! It's got a well defined throaty growl, just what I wanted - Thank You !!

I've just finished playing (figured I should give my neighbours a break, it's 11:40pm...) and I'm one happy man. And I say that having only played it through my little practice amp, relatively quietly, AND having used the bar magnet off the original pickup. (I've been ill the last few days so I've not remagnetised the HS's yet and my first friend's welder didn't work.)

What with the commitments I've got over the next few days I'll be sticking with that setup for Thursday's rehearsal and probably Saturdays gig, but after that I should get the HS's sorted and everything will be right with my world Image
Laziness is just resting before you get tired...

Mission Statement: "I shall endeavour to pummel your underdanglings with tidal waves of bassily groovings. Oh yea."
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Everybody ends in the money - you, me, and your Rick!
Thanks for the favourable review, Steve. Play away!
Hey, John (Allgaier), as you can see those dowel pins you sent me work wonders. Oh, and those worn out '50s and '60s LP records too hehe.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Great! Let me know if/when you need more pins.

Return to “Winding Up With The Best: by Sergio Silva”