my band split up...

Putting music theory into practice
gray

Re: my band split up...

Post by gray »

Sorry to hear about this! It's always tough when this sort of thing happens. Any way you could get the others together and carry on a new way?
berth
RRF Consultant

Post by berth »

bob_atherton wrote: Drinking wine and feeling ****. Bob :(
How's your head now Bob? Bands splitting up hardly ever is pleasant. So good luck! New bands will come eventually.
grayk

Post by grayk »

Sorry to hear that Bob. I have been speaking to the singer today about one of my bands and we both "want" it to split ! Only problem is neither of us will jump as we put a huge amount of work in to get it up and running.
Last edited by grayk on Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry5
Advanced Member

Post by henry5 »

Sorry to hear that Bob; I've only been away from bands for 2 years out of 27 and it drove me nuts. After saying that it drives me nuts being in them too! Hope you get something sorted soon.
bob_atherton
Intermediate Member

Post by bob_atherton »

Well here is an update.

I am in a new band! My last one, Slipper (good band, **** name), was jazzy, funky worldy and quite ‘out there’ at times. Great fun to play, but not crowd going crazy, dancing on the tables kind of stuff.

My new band, The Bullfrogs (good band, another **** name) is totally Blues and Blues Rock. It is a classic power trio like Cream and we are playing Rory Gallagher, Ten Years After, Peter Green, Steve Miller etc etc. Only rehearsed twice but there is a real magic there that I have not felt for many, many years. This is real dancing on the tables stuff and I just can’t wait to start gigging again.

Basses being used are Ric 4000 and Fender P about 50/50.

Musical life is good again.. 8)
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

Glad to hear it, Bob. Sounds like a fun new thing. And I don't think the name is bad.

We've got some really obnoxious/offensive band names in Chicago. There's a couple bands that if I posted their name, Peter would delete the post and probably me too!

Every time I come up with a good band name, I google it and find out that its already taken.

My band split up in Dec also. Must be something with the stress of the holiday season. The guys just came over Monday night and took their stuff out of my basement. :( Its sad, but I'm thinking something better will come along soon.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Great news, Bob! Post some pics of yourself playing when you get back to gigging.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Sounds great, Bob1 :D When will you be playing in Cleveland? :mrgreen:
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

That does sound great, Bob!

How about changing the name to "Bluesfrog", a pun on the anagrammatic "Bllusfrog" ...?
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
grayk

Post by grayk »

Good on you Bob. I think the name really suits the stuff you're doing....I like it. The main thing is that its a good band. 3 piece bands are great, I was only ever in one once and it was a lot of years ago. I would love to do it again.
greg_mitchell

Post by greg_mitchell »

Glad things are looking up for you, Bob. My band has been everything from a 5 piece to 3 piece. We've been 'together' for about 15 years but only me and the drummer are original members. We've had 4 different guitar players over the years. Two have left, come back, and one of those left again. Another left about 12 years ago and one of the 2 we have now appears to be thinking of leaving. The drummer must be an a**hole or something. :shock:
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

some of the best events in my life was getting out of certain bands ...
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

jwr2 wrote:some of the best events in my life was getting out of certain bands ...
and jobs....
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

johnallg wrote:
jwr2 wrote:some of the best events in my life was getting out of certain bands ...
and jobs....
ya ... you got that right ... boy I am glad I got out of the job in Michigan :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

jwr2 wrote: ya ... you got that right ... boy I am glad I got out of the job in Michigan :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Poor Michigan. :cry: That state has really hit hard times.

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”