A whinge and a moan!

Reports from the United Kingdom
scotty

Re: A whinge and a moan!

Post by scotty »

paologregorio wrote:"Whinge" and "Whinging" are pronounced the same way we here in the States pronounce "whine" and "whining" IIRC. Am I correct Scotty, Brian...Sarah? :D
Yup thats it Paul,it the section where you can have a good moan about anything that you fancy!
BTW now the snow has turned to ice!
Last edited by scotty on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scotty

Post by scotty »

ajish4 wrote:Ah man,

I thought with this title, it was going to be something dirty! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

paologregorio wrote:"Whinge" and "Whinging" are pronounced the same way we here in the States pronounce "whine" and "whining" IIRC. Am I correct Scotty, Brian...Sarah? :D
Nooooo! Not at all :roll:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

The "g" is pronounced then, eh? Oops! Glad I asked. :oops: :oops: :lol:
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Ok, to keep with the spirit of the thread....

I'm going to WHINGE & MOAN about those animals trampling someone to death trying to get to the TV sets on sale!?!?!?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11282008/ne ... 141313.htm

GOOD GOD, what the hell does that say about our society? I thought we'd evolved a LITTLE past the stampede mentality. I mean, I can almost understand it if they were trying to get a life saving vaccine, but a freaking Pre-Christmas sale on wide screen TV's?

In my old neck of the woods too, DISGRACEFUL.

Hey, a whingen and a moaning feels pretty good! :lol:
scotty

Post by scotty »

tony thats terrible! :shock: but im glad you like a good moan.. :mrgreen:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

OK I'll have a whinge and moan. Scotty your latest avatar is a faker..............when did you get knighted? That leads me into this thought. You know the old adage that I presume was written by a damsel in distress? Once a Knight always a Knight but once a Knight is enough...............

Your turn numpty.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

numpty :lol: :lol: you guys crack me up :mrgreen:
All I wanna do is rock!
scotty

Post by scotty »

OK back to the UK for a moan ! what the heck is all this Media about a little flurry of snow! for goodness sake where is this going to end????? im really disturbed by this.Wake up Britain its a little bit cold but you still can make it to work!
wayang

Post by wayang »

All my British friends pronounce the word 'whinge' so that it rhymes with 'hinge'...

But they've never called me a 'whinger'...no, they call me a 'sh*t-stirrer'...
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Good one Dane. So do I take it your British friends know you well or do they just like pulling your leg :lol:

wayang

Post by wayang »

A bit of both, I'm sure...but what are friends for?

Speaking of Brits and whinging...ny brother just left this past weekend to work in London for a couple of weeks. At first I felt bad for him when I heard about the blizzard...but for ten days prior to that, he was in NY, where his company worked him like a dog (including one 21 hour day!)...so I'm kind of glad about the City of London being shut down for a bit...maybe now he'll be able to get a little sleep...

Don't lose hope, Londoners...the sun will be rising over the heelstone at Stonehenge before you know it...bluebirds over Dover, etc., etc.

(But you blokes might want to invest in some snowplows for the future...)
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
dogload

Post by dogload »

wayang wrote:(But you blokes might want to invest in some snowplows for the future...)
There's plenty of snowploughs, but the drivers aren't allowed to drive 'em in bad weather- health and safety issues :lol: :lol: :lol:
But I had to go to work the other day so maybe I'm just jealous...
Um... my band
The Type Five
And some tunes here:
The Type Five at Bandcamp
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

I do like a whinge and a moan, and I'll admit at times, also the occasional curse. Still I can't manage to get through the full 27 minutes and 18 seconds of this Sopranos special.

http://vimeo.com/2998698
dogload

Post by dogload »

Haha!
My better half is a HUGE Sopranos fan and she made me watch this with her... I can think of no better way to spend half an hour. No, hang on...
I actually quite enjoyed the compilation, but couldn't help but notice at least a couple of omissions (just coz they happen to be a couple of my faves!). I'll exercise taste and discretion and not quote them... cheers for the link.
Um... my band
The Type Five
And some tunes here:
The Type Five at Bandcamp

Return to “United Kingdom Chapter”