New Vox AC 4

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

electrofaro

Re: New Vox AC 4

Post by electrofaro »

ricardo_vicente wrote:He is speaking Dutch
Oye, a Rockpalace video... "my" local guitarstore (they don't sell Ricks, though)! :D I should get one of these amps, too, for my bedroom playing! Thanks for all the reviews, guys!

W...
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

I got the confirm call yesterday, the 1x12 cab has been shipped! Hooray!
I should be able to run some more things through it when I get home this weekend(hopefully).

I ran a digitech Bad Monkey overdrive through it and wow, that thing sounded great. You really can't beat that thing for 40 bucks.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Wildberry wrote: Oye, a Rockpalace video... "my" local guitarstore (they don't sell Ricks, though)!
I bought an Ovation from them when I lived in the Hague. Sold it later but kept the gig bag with the Rockpalace logo. Ha, nice memories ...
All I wanna do is rock!
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Just got the 1x12, plugged in the combo-awesome!!! The cab really brings out the highs and lows with clarity not usually found in amps in this price range. The cab is a must have, IMHO.

BTW, the combo needs to have taller feet on it to clear the handle on top of the cab. I swapped mine with an old Marshall Lead 12 amp I have, and it worked perfect. These are easy to find at hardware stores or warehouses. If anybody wants to lay your amp on its top and inspect the feet for "authenticity", give them a quick kick in the pants :lol: I would really think that the head has taller feet.
rsm

Post by rsm »

Digging my AC4TV with my Rics. So much so that I want to get the big amp from Vox (AC100), even though I have what I need, my Rics sound so good through this AC4 that I'm barely using my more expensive kit (Bose L1, Marshall JMP-1, Tech 21 PSA 1.1, Tech 21 Character Series pedals).

For $250, this AC4TV is less than many booteeq pedals, even some mainstream pedals. Worth the price and more. I plan to give it a go with my JangleBox soon too, just diggin' the pure amp tones with my Rics now.

Peace
rsm
bass - guitar - keyboards

Tech 21 - Vox - Marshall - Trace Elliot - Bose
Rickenbacker - Epiphone - Steinberger - Ibanez
octagon

Post by octagon »

There is now a head version for $199 at Musician's Friend

fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

I've been offered a cheap AC4 combo.
I'm tempted as it could be useful for home practice.
Is there a bit of clean headroom with it?
rkbsound
Veteran RRF member

Post by rkbsound »

Really depends on the guitar/pickups. There is definitely some, but depending on volume, not a whole lot. Definitely worth getting, head room or not.

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”