the Byrds Collective

Those who flock to The Byrds
jimk
RRF Consultant

Re: the Byrds Collective

Post by jimk »

Good man, Pete. Glad to see you fellows reconsidered. Hopefully I can get out your way sometime this summer, shake a few hands, and trade some tunes & licks.
JimK
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

This 'crow' doesn't taste very good. :D
8mileshigher

The Byrds Collective

Post by 8mileshigher »

pehayes2 wrote: So Rich and Paulie, please put us down for the next Mini-Con (the one after this week's) and we can once again do the worlds biggest Eight Miles High jam.

Thank you all.

Pat .... very good news that the Byrds Collective are continuing. :D :D :D :D That's great !
We hope that a couple of you-from the band will be able to make it by, to sit in for a little while, at this Saturday's Mini Con Ricken Jam !! (Feb 5th at Backline Studios) Hope to see you !
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

In order to remind everyone how authentic we've tried to sound to the original Byrds, we've put our CD; Collective Hits up on our website for as a free download. Nothing to buy, nothing to sign up for, don't even give us your email. http://www.TheByrdsCollective.com

Please enjoy and let us know what you thing. (BTW it's a 99 cent value!)

(Jim if this post is outside the rules or improper, please vaporize it)

Pat
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

pehayes2 wrote:In order to remind everyone how authentic we've tried to sound to the original Byrds, we've put our CD; Collective Hits up on our website for as a free download. Nothing to buy, nothing to sign up for, don't even give us your email. http://www.TheByrdsCollective.com

Please enjoy and let us know what you thing. (BTW it's a 99 cent value!)

(Jim if this post is outside the rules or improper, please vaporize it)

Pat
You're fine.
JimK
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

Hey Pat,

First sad to see you were gone, then glad to see it on again. I definitely enjoyed listening to your group at the mini-cons and the infamous "8 Miles High" played on (I think) 7 12 stings at the mini-con.

Please don't be a stranger on the forum or the So-Cal jams.

Now go enjoy some family time and choose your venues.

I'd like to join you on any Tom Petty numbers you guys want to play at the next mini-con.

P.S.: Thanks for sending me the pic in my avatar and the pic of my 360/6 and the 12c63 from last summer. I have the guitar shot for the cover of my jam book.
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

pehayes2 wrote:This 'crow' doesn't taste very good. :D
Better tasting than Cro Magnon ... :shock: :roll: :lol:

It's great news that you guys are back together, Pat! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

Thanks Steve and Gary (and to everyone else that sent us words of encouragement. (And JimK for the nice comment on our website).

Steve (and anyone else who cares too), you are more than welcome to jam on any of the Petty/Bryds tunes we come up with. It would be our privilege. I really think that we'll do justice to them.

One of the most fortunate encounters we've had as a group was meeting Rich F. and having him invite us down to the the Mini-Cons. I know I've personally met some very nice people from this group, and many of whom I consider to be friends, and isn't that what music should be all about?

We are actually rehearsing now and working in the new material. We have a couple of recorded songs in the can just waiting some final mixing. I'll be sure to post links once they get done.

Again, thanks everyone for the encouragement. You all are a great group of people.

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”