Mark Bass Heads..

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

turlu
Veteran RRF member

Re: Mark Bass Heads..

Post by turlu »

I also notice that when I play my Lakland DJ unamplified and my Ric unamplified, they get totally different tones, I admit it, and, having owned the MarkBass head for a long time, yes I must agree with you guys that it is the head that kept that "natural' tone. Just to make sure we are on the same page. MarkBass heads are great, if you like lightweight, easy EQ settings, plug and play, no thinking out-the-door we go, these are beasts !!!!
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

I owned mine for about 3 years , then tried the Ampeg Micro head, loved the sound but not enough power. I used to own a B2RE so I tried another. Same issue, no character, I couldn't use my touch to change to tone all that much. Switching back to tubes is what made all the difference for me. Just know it is advantageous to use a hot plate. Some of the newer tube amps have attenuators built in. The ones that go between the amp and speaker do the best, you need to bypass for sparkly cleans.
The ones that connect to the effects loop, are like master vols. They work great on the newer Fenders as they use a linear pot for the master vol and it is maxxed out a 2(sales gimmick for Guitarget,etc).

I did love the fact that I had 500 watts thru a 2x12, and the whole rig weighed under 50 pounds!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

My turn to dig up an old thread. I found a cool deal on a Markbass Little Mark Tube head! I'm now a Rickenmarker! :mrgreen:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
marc61

Post by marc61 »

rickenbrother wrote:My turn to dig up an old thread. I found a cool deal on a Markbass Little Mark Tube head! I'm now a Rickenmarker! :mrgreen:

Welcome to the club. :D
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Congrats, Joey! :D Even though I no longer have any Markbass amp heads I still have the Minimark combo amp. 8)
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

ditto,Joey! i still haven't found anything i like the sound of better than my markbass preamped with the VT pedal. i would like to hear one like yours with the preamp tube feature.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Nice Joey! I don't think anyone here has mentioned anything about reliability. I am now entering year four of heavy gigging with my Markbass LMKII and it has yet to give me one ounce of trouble. Did I mention it hasn't left the trunk of my car during the time I've owned it? :shock:

Also use two of their cabs, a 2x10 and a 1x15. Very happy with the stuff. Good sounding, lightweight, and has been proven gig-worth a hundred times over.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Thanks guys!
Woody, that would be possible in there is ever another BARC. Sure easy enough to carry around and fit in small spaces.
The SWR SM-400 head that I've had for the past 21 years has been used for countless gigs and band rehearsals and I've never had any trouble with it. It hope this Markbass head has that same kind of reliability. I wanted to use it at a couple of rehearsals before I mentioned anything here and be able to say I love it. Never played through this particular model before. I ran it with all of the eq set flat. I've just turned the VLE control depending on the song, Leaving the VFP control at about 10 o' clock and it sounds great. My early Christmas present! :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
ricmic

Post by ricmic »

Congrats on the new head Bro. Mark
ricosound
Intermediate Member

Post by ricosound »

LMII here also. Love it and never a lick of trouble.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

sloop_john_b wrote: I am now entering year four of heavy gigging with my Markbass LMKII and it has yet to give me one ounce of trouble. Did I mention it hasn't left the trunk of my car during the time I've owned it?
You must have some long patch cords then. :mrgreen:
"Knowledge is Power"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Scott: I don't know, he may have one of those smart cars. :shock:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

:D
"Knowledge is Power"
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

:lol:
johnallg