R.I.P. Davy Jones

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
winston
Membership Admin

Re: RIP Davy Jones

Post by winston »

Three threads on the same subject. I think I will merge them all.

Edit: Merge completed.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Re: R.I.P. Davy Jones

Post by T.A.R. »

Rest in Peace Davy :( A fabulous part of my Saturday mornings way back is gone, Thanks for the laughs.
jimk
RRF Consultant

RIP Davey Jones

Post by jimk »

I just read on Yahoo that Davey Jones died of a heart attack. I'm quite surprised. http://music.yahoo.com/news/monkees-sin ... 51703.html
JimK
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Yet another thread merged. Davy was sure popular.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: RIP Davy Jones

Post by jps »

rickenbrother wrote:RIP Davy. :(
:( :( :(
bvstudios

Post by bvstudios »

I heard the news on the car radio yesterday while driving to one of the little sing-along gigs I do for some of the seniors' homes around here. It made me decide to do a little instrumental "Daydream Believer" as my opener. So when I got there, I sat at their piano and began it.

By the time I'd got to the second chorus, I realised I could hear about 50 or so of the 100-odd residents singing "Cheer up, sleepy Jean; Oh what can it mean.."

It was a little surreal. We're talking about a group that pretty much defines "Blue Rinse" set. The average age in this facility is about 87, yet they were singing along to a Monkees' song...

Made my day, actually.

Rest easy, Dodger.

Kevin
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

I never did figure out exactly where Clarksville was. I liked their TV show. It was just camp enough to be funny. Since I grew up a couple blocks from a racetrack, I always liked that Davey was once a jockey.
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

Now that the threads are consolidated, I'll chime in by saying that The Monkees are one of my favorite bands ever, and their records are just as much a part of my DNA as those by The Beatles...so I was pretty bummed all day yesterday.
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

kennyhowes wrote:Now that the threads are consolidated, I'll chime in by saying that The Monkees are one of my favorite bands ever, and their records are just as much a part of my DNA as those by The Beatles...so I was pretty bummed all day yesterday.
+1! :cry: :cry:
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
johnnysain

Post by johnnysain »

T.A.R. wrote:Rest in Peace Davy :( A fabulous part of my Saturday mornings way back is gone, Thanks for the laughs.
I'm surprised that many people on many sites have been refering to the Monkees on Saturday mornings. I watched them from Autumn '66 on Monday nights at 7:30pm.

I supposed those Saturday broadcasts happened in syndication after they broke up. Which is amazing that they continued to rack up fans long after they broke up, like the Beatles.
Rickenbacker player since 1978

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”