Moving to Boston

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

trick_knee

Post by trick_knee »

Once again, I should mention that Belisle's in Manchester NH, an hour north of Boston always has at least 6 rics in stock ready to play. It's where I bought my 4004cI off the wall.
webhead
Veteran RRF member

Post by webhead »

Don't forget Mr Music on Harvard ave in Brighton, MA. They are about a 10 minute MBTA ride on the same line as Boston University. I try to stay away from Daddy's- they're a bunch of crooks. They once had a used 1966 Fireglo 360, checkerboard binding and all. I bought it. I took it home and noticed the strings felt a bit different, the strings were a foot off the neck... Now this wasn't like this in the store.. So I brought it back and they told me the only way to permanently lower the action was to recess the bridge... I told them to keep the guitar and wanted a refund, they refused because of a no return policy on used gear. But my argument was that- it was absolutely not playable the way it was. So I disputed it on the good ol' Amex card. I got the refund. I never step foot in there again...

Cambridge music is pretty good, the other store is in Cambridge MA, across the Porter Sq MBTA red line stop. Much better than the one on Hemenway Street.
"Take the RIC... Leave the cannoli."
scottpro1969
Intermediate Member

Post by scottpro1969 »

I've posted about this store a while before but it bears mentioning again. Other than GC, I believe Tewksbury Music Center is the only other authorized RIC dealer in Mass. I may be wrong since I haven't lived there for 5 yrs. It's a small store about 35 miles north of Boston in Tewksbury, MA. Definitely worth checking out. I've bought RIC's from them in the past. Great people. Here's a link if anyone is interested.
http://www.tewksburymusic.com/
trick_knee

Post by trick_knee »

Thanks Scott, I've actually wanted to visit Tewksbury Music before, it's tough around here to find Rics in stock. Don, I have to agree, Daddy's is about one step below GC on the annoyance level. If I absolutely have to go there, I take three Tylenol before entering!
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

...looks like it might not be till late April/early May....
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”