The "C" and "V" series

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

I was at the factory on Monday and things are moving along on schedule. Although no C series guitars have yet been cut, everything has fallen into place without much difficulty.
Gary_Cost

Post by Gary_Cost »

I guess I'm surprised that so many folks complain about the price of the 'C-Series' guitars. Looking through several 'mail order' catalogs that I get on a regular basis show that some of the other companies 'vintage series' guitars are just as high or not higher! The Gibson Peter Frampton re-issue costs an arm and two legs compared to the Ric'C-Series'. Having myself paid upwards of $4 grand for a Gibson ES-340 natural finish I guess the price tag of the Ric 'C-Series' doesn't seem to be all that bad.
Just my 2 cents...
Guille72

Post by Guille72 »

Gary: the deal is that I bought my 325V63 for U$S 1350 and don´t gonna pay U$S 3000, or U$S 2500, or U$S 2000 for a 325C64, it´s the same guitar, I know, little differences, but in the end the same guitar, I´m a player not a collector.
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

Actually, since the going rate at most dealers is 40% off, you would likely pay $1800 or less depending on the dealer. The only thing that is the same are the knobs and strap buttons, that's it. Everything else has been changed including the wiring harness.

Not the same guitar.
Guille72

Post by Guille72 »

some question Nick: everything has been change, so they are different guitars, so they´ll sound different, will you know on a recording which guitar it was used on it (a V63 or a C64)? or maybe on stage. This changes will be an improvement or a step back on Rickenbacker 325 development?.
C_Bourke

Post by C_Bourke »

I think maybe there is a misunderstanding here or at least debate on what "different" means.

Guille72's point is that a v63 and c64 are both Ricks in black, short scale w/3 big shiny pups and a whammy. A 320,325,325v63,325JL are all the same thing when you play them. Much like a '54 Strat and a '72 Strat are both Strats, however different
stylistically.

Now Nick's IS correct that everything is changed on the c64, in that the body contours are reshaped to '64 style, the pups are wound correct w/ flat screws, wiring harness, whammy... on and on..

I suppose its all in what you're looking for. A great player 320 series or an EXACT copy of a Beatle guitar.

I just miss the V series. Why cancel the 1997,381 or 4001v63??... not Beatle guitars.. no need to ax 'em!
Guille72

Post by Guille72 »

I agree with you CBourke it´s a pitty that the V series was discontinued. Hope soon they put in production this serie again.
me

Post by me »

I can give the same guitar to ten different people and they will all make it sound different than each other. Ulimately the sound of a guitar is determined by the player, strings, amplification, etc...not which model it is.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

If my memory serves me right, not all of the vintage series were cancelled. The 381v69s & the 350v63s continue to be regular production items.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”