Check these out.

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Something like these?

Been there, done that. Anyway, nice looking designs there, Andy.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Maybe John Hall will catch a glimpse and contact me?

Andy: Very nice designs. I imagine that it would require permission from Mr. Hall given the RIC trademarks.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
arondeau

Post by arondeau »

John,
yes, like those. I made those...ummmm, maybe 15 yrs ago? Could have been longer than that looking at the pens. Those are 12kt pens (no longer made), and the Ric emblem has since been purged from our inventory. Would you guys consider updating your tooling and offer these to us Ric customers? I can put together a presentation for you. And, yes, I am very aware of trademarks. I have been doing customization for this company for almost 28 yrs now. Your pens look a little beat anyhow. Time for new ones!

Andy
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Amen!
ImageImageImage

Very nice designs, Andy. Like the black one a lot.
I would love the one on the right if the "R" was 50% bigger, rotated 90 degrees to the right, and located at the tip of the clip instead of the base.
How about shaping the clips as RIC guitar and bass headstocks+necks?

And how about "finishing" the pens in RIC gloss colours like FG, JG, MG, MN Blue, BBR, Trans Blue, Red and Green? (Except the "Rickenbacker" "RIC" and "R" which should remain gold or chrome.}
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

I'd like the black one with the "R" tailpiece added to it. They all look good though.
"The best things in life aren't things."
mortivan

Post by mortivan »

I'd love one like the black one with the full name engraved on the barrel. I'd even pay full price for it!

Nice work Andy.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

Although I'd take any of the above if offered, I would prefer the "R" tailpiece on the center pen.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

I really like #'s 1 and 3 the best....

However, I'd like the middle one if the logo was turned parallel with the clip. I can see that logo getting snapped off, or gouging into a body part.....

1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”