Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Thanks Peter,
I'll stop by there real soon.
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. (Not the westside where everyone who lives there only complains about how bad Los Angeles [not "LA"]is but won't leave). Boyle Hieghts is the place. If you have to ask, you won't know where it's at.
I've been a fireman for 13 years here and I love it. But, when it's time to retire, I will leave to places far away. My wife says we should try the UK (where she's from), but why go back home? I asked her: "do we want our kids with bad teeth? We're statying in the USA!" I'll stay on the west coast, but just a bit higher (north).

"Have you thanked a verteran for your freedom lately?"
I saw this on a bumber sticker.
I have.
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Hey, I know about Boyle Heights!
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Wow! I'm actually amazed. I guess the secret's out.
It's not the place you'd want to live any more, but it's a good place to go back and visit your old buddies.
Man, I used to live there!
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

My Mom first lived on Ditman Ave. Of course, now we've moved to the suburbs of Boyle Heights: El Sereno! (Ha-ha!)
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Born in Chicago in 1949. 1949-am I really that old? Lived in Denver most of my life. Love the west and the mountains. Fairly new player, wished I would have started when I was younger, but I'm having fun. I am a happy owner of a 350v63MG and 330/6FG. I am considering a 650 Dakota or Sierra. Chris at Pick Of The Ricks has a couple of good looking ones. I also own a Strat, Ibanez S370 and a Schecter S1+, but mostly play the Ricks. Great Forum - I visit daily.
gpatt5762
Veteran RRF member

Post by gpatt5762 »

About 12.71 Miles NNW of the "Grassy Knoll" that claimed President Kennedy, in Dallas, Texas.
Nearest RIC Dealer: eBay.

Garry
The ideal mix leaves the bass player louder than the rest of the band put together!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I born and raised in the Bronx, NYC. I lived there until three and a half years ago My wife being a Southern California girl couldn't handle a few years worth of January and February in NY, so I moved to Orange Co California, right between RIC and Disneyland.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
rictified

Post by rictified »

I'm from a town called Millbury, which is right next to Worcester, never heard of that either? its about 30 miles west of Boston in Ma. I've been here most of my life except for a three year stint in Burlington Vt. My wife is from Perú, I lived there for 6 months and will be going back for at least a year this Aug 12th.
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Born & raised in the Lehigh Valley PA area. Went to college in Boston and lived there for about 7 years. Moved to Orange County CA last July.
robj
Veteran RRF member

Post by robj »

Born in the "downriver" area south of Detroit, Mi. and left there when I was 22. Then I did ten long years in Tucson, Az. (not in the prison sense, it was just way too hot for this northern boy) and have been in the Great Northwest (Seattle area) for 17 years or so.
mortivan

Post by mortivan »

Erik,

I went to the John Wetton fan convention at the Holiday Inn in Fogelsville last year! That's in your old stomping grounds, isn't it?
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Born and live in the State of Confusion.
(So Cal, actually)
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I was born on George Harrison's birthday (February 25th) in 1952 in Peoria, illinois, and raised there. After working a while after high school and graduating from junior college, I moved to San Diego, California, and attended the University of California (UCSD), where I received a B.A. in Chemistry in 1977. I moved back to Peoria, worked and attended Bradley University part-time, and graduated with an M.S. in Chemistry in 1981. I then moved to Champaign-Urbana (lived in both cities at times) and attended the University of Illinois, where I received a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry in 1987. After graduation, I moved to Mobile, Alabama, where I worked for Ciba-Geigy Corporation. After working there (and dodging giant flying cockroaches for five years ["...they aren't cockroaches, they're 'palmetto bugs'..."]), I moved to San Diego (again) and lived and worked there for eight years. In 2001 I moved about 80 miles north to Tustin in Orange County to work at my current company, Synthetic Blood International in Costa Mesa, only about a mile from Rickenbacker International (!).

Whew! The Long and Winding Road?
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

I was born in San Jose California in 1972, but have lived in Hillsboro, Oregon (16 miles west of Portland) since I was almost 4.
My first guitar was an '89 Rickenbacker 230. It was originally red, and someone had refinished it black. One of these days I'll refinish it something cool.
My second Rickenbacker was a '73 4001 bass. I just sold it last year because I made myself my own copy. The '73 had a lot of issues and needed repair and I didn't want to mess with it when I could make myself one which would be new. I haven't posted any pics of the one I made because I don't want the attention and don't want to make John Hall mad! One day I hope to have the money to buy a real Rickenbacker bass new.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”