World Cup!

News, weather & sports

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

FretlessOnly
Advanced Member

Re: World Cup!

Post by FretlessOnly »

There was an equally stupid non-call in the Argentina-Mexico match that led to Argentina going up 2-0. The striker for Argentina who head-flicked in the second "goal" was only about 2 yards off-sides, and somehow, the side judge missed it. Here's a saying I invoke far too often in life:

If I did my job that poorly, I'd be fired.

These calls not only reward non-goals, but they also take away valid goals. And the whole style of play in these matches depends heavily upon the score. It's getting to the point where I won't watch it if it comes down to the incompetence of someone other than the players.
Can we have everything louder than everything else?
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

I missed that John. That's what I get for watching in a pub.
FretlessOnly
Advanced Member

Post by FretlessOnly »

Actually, I stand corrected (by myself). I believe it was the first Argentina goal I was referring to. What was that I said about doing a job poorly?
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

I believe Spain will win the cup now, they are just playing fanatastic ! The so called "dream final" between Netherlands and Germany will not take place, I'm very disappointed :( but it's going to be a dream final in any way! :)
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

Soccer needs two things to make it a success in the U. S.-

A ban on Vuvuzelas
Armed goalies
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Hmm, seems to me that most of the goalies I've seen have arms... Oh, you mean...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
scotty

Post by scotty »

xpitt wrote:I believe Spain will win the cup now, they are just playing fanatastic ! The so called "dream final" between Netherlands and Germany will not take place, I'm very disappointed :( but it's going to be a dream final in any way! :)
+ 1 Spain have been top drawer IMHO but i knew that.viewtopic.php?f=57&t=395457
BTW the final is on SUN when im in florida when is the kick off and what channel will it be on i suppose SKY sports? Anyone know.
FretlessOnly
Advanced Member

Post by FretlessOnly »

I played keeper for three years in the late 70s/early 80s and I never felt like I was underarmed. Every cross or high ball I would come out with right knee up and arms up/elbows out. I'm not talking dirty, just a strong defensive position and making a play on the ball. I always got the benefit of the doubt call-wise.

Return to “News At 11”