Rickenbacker 325v59 help please

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

BeatleJohn

Re: Rickenbacker 325v59 help please

Post by BeatleJohn »

jim_w wrote:Where on God's green earth did whoever did the Lennon mods to this get a comp'd LEFTY bigsby dog-bone bridge???

I went through hoops to borrow a righty one to measure it, reverse engineer it, make a cad model and get one machined from billet! :oops:

The guy who did the machining did 5 as the minimum order, so I have 4 extra lefty bridges (just the bridges, not the dog-bone)
i not sure what country it was in but im sure i saw a lefty bigsby on ebay last week sometime it was the complete thing im pretty sure.
"I want "humberdinker" pickups in it. Im a rhythmer, I dont know nothing about these things, Im a rhythmer" - John Lennon
Advanced Member

Post by 1965 »

BeatleJohn wrote: i not sure what country it was in but im sure i saw a lefty bigsby on ebay last week sometime it was the complete thing im pretty sure.
A lefty bigsby vibrato is somewhat rare, but we're talking about the "bow-tie" Bigsby bridge here.
byron21351

Post by byron21351 »

Hi Dave - I'm also in NSW (Sydney) and have a lefty 325v59, only in Jetglo - however, it doesn't have an old style bridge. Been looking for a mapleglo to bookend it with for the past year...no luck!
If you're getting it for 2150 pounds then that's a 'good deal' leftywise. Mine cost a little more, and the only other one I've seen (another Jetglo) was going in the UK for 2550 pounds a year ago.
These sound exorbitant prices to right handers - and they are - but as you've found, they're seriously few and far between and, as usual, if you want something badly enough, you have to pay for it.
Great little guitars - take a bit of getting used to. They Intrigue other players who get miffed they can't have a strum because they're not lefties! Revenge is sweet...
Cheers,
BRian
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

byron21351 wrote:Hi Dave - I'm also in NSW (Sydney) and have a lefty 325v59, only in Jetglo - however, it doesn't have an old style bridge. Been looking for a mapleglo to bookend it with for the past year...no luck!
If you're getting it for 2150 pounds then that's a 'good deal' leftywise. Mine cost a little more, and the only other one I've seen (another Jetglo) was going in the UK for 2550 pounds a year ago.
These sound exorbitant prices to right handers - and they are - but as you've found, they're seriously few and far between and, as usual, if you want something badly enough, you have to pay for it.
Great little guitars - take a bit of getting used to. They Intrigue other players who get miffed they can't have a strum because they're not lefties! Revenge is sweet...
Cheers,
BRian
hi Brian
Oh i want it alright ! im thrilled to bits i found one :mrgreen:
and its good to hear from a fellow lefty too. these guitars must be rare yr the only other that i know about that has one. got any pics? be cool to see it. if u ever want to sell make sure u give me first offer lol
"I want "humberdinker" pickups in it. Im a rhythmer, I dont know nothing about these things, Im a rhythmer" - John Lennon
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Welcome to the forum Brian,
Another Aussie joins the ranks! :D
byron21351

Post by byron21351 »

Thanks Greg,
Also have a lefty 330 mapleglo to console me over the lack of a 325 mapleglo...And thanks to Rene at Global Vintage it didn't cost an arm and a leg like the 325...
Brian
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

byron21351 wrote:Thanks Greg,
Also have a lefty 330 mapleglo to console me over the lack of a 325 mapleglo...And thanks to Rene at Global Vintage it didn't cost an arm and a leg like the 325...
Brian
i almost got a 330 JG last year but didnt have the cash at the time. i wasnt even really on the lookout for this one till i decided to go back to liverpool for a holiday and thought id test the waters and see what happened. so i was pretty lucky to find this one i think and i didnt even have the money for it but when it showed up i had to make it happen. might have cost me a pretty penny but im pretty sure its going to be worth it :D
byron21351

Post by byron21351 »

I know the feeling! Stay in touch and tell us all about it when it arrives.
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

well guys im off to london tomorrow to get my guitar and then on to liverpool :D cya when i get back
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Have a great trip!
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

hi guys im back from england with my new toy. let me know what u think :D
Attachments
DSCN0744small.jpg
DSCN0689small.jpg
DSCN0678small.jpg
BeatleJohn

Post by BeatleJohn »

couple more...
Attachments
DSCN0682small.jpg
DSCN0749small.jpg
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Wow! :shock:
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Beautiful guitar David, well worth the wait hey? How was the trip?
I'll burn that dvd for you soon!
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Great score, David!

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”