'77 Sandman debut gig

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Re: '77 Sandman debut gig

Post by gregga41 »

We've been holding auditions for the past month to replace our lead guitarist, as well as our drumer, after Trotty had to relinquish his place in the band.
Would you believe that the first guitarist we auditioned was the spitting image of the "Mexican" guy from "That 70's Show"?
He shows up with a $50 Strat copy, NO amp and proceeds to play his first audition piece OUT of tune!! He then tells me that it is me who is out of tune.
FAIL!
More auditions next week, with a few very promising applicants. Fingers crossed.
We did, however, find a brilliant drummer on the very first night of drum auditions.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Wow, sorry to hear that Trotty had to give up his spot in the band! :(
I'd much rather hear that you were in need of a bassist and were having me imported to Oz for the spot!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

gregga41 wrote:We did, however, find a brilliant drummer on the very first night of drum auditions.

And a very short career span. Sacked him last week! More auditions. :(
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Sorry to hear that, Greg. Sometimes it's not only outstanding skills to be that important, it's more the human appreciation between each other that brings joy and fun into making music together. I am sure this fun will go right over the ramp into the audience , then they have the same fun as the guys up on stage, and that is what it's all about. :)
Keep on trying..
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

New drummer has joined the band, Mick Dooley, and we're moving forward at great pace, adding 6 new 'classics' in first week.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Good to hear, Greg.

We're in hibernation at the moment. Our drummer and vocalist have gone off overseas together and when they get back I'm off for a month!! :D

Slim pickings......... :(
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Thanks Aitch, we must catch up for a beer or 3 before you head OS! My eldest duaghter, Sarah, is off to the U.K. and Europe next week as well!
On a band-orientated note,to all my RRF mates, we need a few more fans on our facebook site.
Type '77 Sandman' into the facebook search-bar and hit the "Like" button...please!! :D
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

The Sandmen have scored a very tidy gig in the heart of Melbourne's rock music scene. Headlining act, San Fransisco's 'AC/D SHE' had a support act drop out, and we were asked to fill the vacant spot.
We'll be doing a 40 minute set at the renowned 'Cherry Bar' in AC/DC lane, Melbourne on the 2nd July. Looking forward to this...BIGTIME!! :D
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

That's really BIG TIME ! Congrats, Gregg ! Rock the house ! Let someone do some videos and let us share ! Good luck ! :)
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

gregga41 wrote:The Sandmen have scored a very tidy gig in the heart of Melbourne's rock music scene. Headlining act, San Fransisco's 'AC/D SHE' had a support act drop out, and we were asked to fill the vacant spot.
We'll be doing a 40 minute set at the renowned 'Cherry Bar' in AC/DC lane, Melbourne on the 2nd July. Looking forward to this...BIGTIME!! :D
My bad! :oops: Mix up on the venue worksheet, we are supporting AC/DSHE Australia, and not the US based band! Oh well, still a great place to get exposure for us!! 8)
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

This just in from last night. Cover of a classic by Aussie band The Angels
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Nice one, Gregga!! 8) 8)
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
xpitt