GilFest®

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: GilFest®

Post by jps »

We understand, Gil, really, this is no problem. 8) We'll wait to see how it goes with the visa.
harrek

Post by harrek »

gibsonlp wrote:I am really sorry for that, I had no idea my visa application will take so long :(
Because it involves the government? :shock:
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Ok...
This is almost Final.
I will NOT be able to arrive due to the fact that my visa application is being delayed :(
I am very sorry for the trouble and hopefully I will be able to make it next year.

Sorry again.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

No problem, we'll save some cake for you. :wink:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Wow! That is a bit of a drag to say the least. :( What will you do with the time you booked for your holiday Gil? Can you get a refund on tickets etc?
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

I couldn't buy them anyway as I was required to provide the agent with a valid visa to the US before buying them.

Kareene is going to fly without me, this is really upsetting as this is our only possible long vacation until NEXT YEAR and I haven't had a decent vacation since april of last year.
I can't explain how frustrated I felt when the lady at the consulate decided that working as unix programmer was enough to let me fill up a special form asking me about the specifics of my work and my research fields. I don't mind about the extra questions - but I do mind about the extra processing time.
When she handled me that piece of paper and said that my visa is not denied but will require extra information to be approved and that it should take about a month. I told her that I am supposed to fly in 3 weeks and that this effectively means I can't go with my wife to visit her parents. She smiled with the usual fake smile and said that this is non-negotiable. Basically - it was up to her to let me get the visa or not and she chose to destroy my vacation for nothing...
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Lousy news, Gil. And here I was all thirsty for a beer...... :lol: :lol:

Cheer up, Gil, and fire up that SVT and play out the frustrations - right in front of that lady's house! :lol: :lol:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

There is a word I'd like to use to describe her but it would just end up looking like this:

***** :evil:
krick
Veteran RRF member

Post by krick »

That's disappointing Gil. Sorry to hear that your plans were altered.

I was really looking forward to meeting you later this month.
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

krick wrote:That's disappointing Gil. Sorry to hear that your plans were altered.

I was really looking forward to meeting you later this month.
Actually it was next week. Sad news indeed as this will be the second time I missed out on metting up with Gil. :(
"The best things in life aren't things."
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Aww man! What a heartless _______________! :evil: Some people have no concept of themselves, and no idea of how their power effects events, no matter how small.
Sorry to hear about this Gil.
JimK
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Sorry again guys :(
How do you make god laugh? make a plan...
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

At this point I am looking to see if there is any interest in a SE Michigan confluence. I received a call from krick yesterday asking if I wanted to go forward. Since the 25th of Sept is so soon I would think sometime in October possibly the 9th or 23rd. Let me know your thoughts everyone. I need to get a head count, nail down a date, and see who may be able to provide help. I can have a bass amp and possibly an additional guitar amp provided by a friend. I have a guitar amp.
"The best things in life aren't things."
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

The 23rd should be good. The KARMA Kings have a clam bake to play on the 9th.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

I'm up for a meet. Just let me know.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”