Two Weeks From Today

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

winston
Membership Admin

Re: Two Weeks From Today

Post by winston »

Sorry for calling you Dane up there in the previous post Shane. Aitch managed to catch that typo but for some reason I can't fix the error :mrgreen:

Well at least it rhymes............... :twisted:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

No problem Brian, I've been called a lot worse than that over the years !!!! :D
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Yes Brian, things have warmed up in your neck of the woods, as usual. :) It was quite the system, but I think Washington state is bearing the brunt of it. Terrible situation there. We got 20" in total, and it has warmed up to -6C. Not at all the worst.

Enjoy your wonderful, warm, Aussie adventures. I do wish I was there. Your jam on Sunday will be exceptional. Just look at the talent (including your own) that will be there. Looking forward to pics and maybe music clips or video. How about it OZ? Let's see some "YouTube" of this jam!
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

We're back from the beach early...... a bit grey and cool down there yesterday. We took a couple of acoustics with us just so we wouldn't forget how to play. :D
trip_6 001_1.JPG
trip_6 003_1.JPG
Today we're going to do a bit of shopping........ and of course the obligatory inspection of a couple of music stores! :mrgreen:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Thanks for these updates. I was wondering what was going on with everyone. I knew Aitch would have things hoppin', but we all like to live vicariouosly through the forum travelers! :lol:

Oh, and I wish Canada would keep it's cold air and snow up there - Michigan is getting waves of cold snow out of her - too early in December for this ****! :evil:
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Hi John. Sorry, mate......... I failed to respond to your question regarding the kangaroo and wallaby. Essentially they are the same animal but wallabies tend to be quite a bit smaller and are not as agressive as kangaroos - especially the Great Reds, which are called 'boomers'.

Glad you're finding Brian and Penny's adventures interesting. We're having a great time mixing the frenetic with the laid back 'take it as it comes' stuff. Just hanging around talking and having a beer or two is often a nice interlude between the planned activites.

We're really looking forward to Sunday's jam. We're out for a long lunch tomorrow so I think tonight and Saturday will be rehearsals! :mrgreen:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Thanks, Aitch - I learned something today! :lol: Always heard of both animals, never knew what a wallaby was.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

ozover50 wrote:...your question regarding the kangaroo and wallaby. Essentially they are the same animal but wallabies tend to be quite a bit smaller and are not as agressive as kangaroos.
Is this like the difference between Peter and Graham? :lol:
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Yes - Pete's smaller and more aggressive! :lol:
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Wow, looks like you're having a really good time there, in a hot place. That's cool, congratulations.
(and that dingo looks like a dog...)
Brian, congrats on new family member's arrival! And best wishes to the young man!
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

'Yes - Pete's smaller and more aggressive!'

For 'smaller' read 'fitter' and for 'agressive' read 'nicer'. 8)
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

leftyguitars wrote:For 'smaller' read 'fitter' and for 'agressive' read 'nicer'.
I'll echo that comment. :roll:
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

sowhat wrote:Brian, congrats on new family member's arrival! And best wishes to the young man!
Thanks very much Sheena,

Funny thing, you are one of a very few who actually noticed that I had commented on his arrival just before we got immersed in all the hoopla surrounding our visit to Australia.

I really appreciate your kind sentiments. He is very precious. All the best from the land of plenty.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

I noticed Brian but since we had not officially met in person I was lurking waiting to see the new baby with the Ric picture... hope all is well and he enjoys his first holiday.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Thanks very much for the kind sentiments Tammy,

Please free to comment anytime btw. The chances of meeting up with me any time soon are probably very slim, because I don't often travel much outside of Canada and if I do it's usually to a distant part of the world. For example: This year it's Australia to see Aitch and next year around this time we are hoping to travel to India with another one of our friends.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”