Cream Reunion

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

Mike:

LOL, he should have had Pete make him a bass, it's so close it's almost not funny..

It doesn't surprise me it's a Warwick since Jack Bruce has played them for years....I'd rather have the Wal.Image
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

It seems that the Strat is all that he has played lately but, he did use a 335 for a number of tunes during the "From The Cradle" tour. So you never know.
"The best things in life aren't things."
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

John, me too!! That thing is almost a lawsuit. I think like Clapton, Warwick & Fender are going to be the choices for these guys now and in the future.

Ken, he sold all he electrics he had during his Cream years, including the 335 which went for some astounding $850,000 or so. If he buys new ones I'd love it. Anything but the Strat. Crean songs need a real gritty sound, not a Beach Boys vibe!
Leprosy is rare & scarce but nobody wants that!
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Also guys! More tickets are being released. Some Thursday night tickets were sold today unannounced! You guys in the UK keep us up to date! I'll go an extra night.....
teeder

Post by teeder »

Isn't there a law somewhere that states "Ye shall not play Cream with a Fender"?
It would truely be a crime if EC doesn't use a Gibson of some sort , LP, SG, ES through a cookin' Marshall!

Waitin' for the DVD.
There Is What You Can See. There Aren’t What You Don’t See. And That’s All There Is That You Get!
wayang

Post by wayang »

"Pressed Rat and Warthog closed down their shop..."
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

That song cracks me up everytime I hear it.
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" Austin Music Poll 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
rictified

Post by rictified »

great song,
Mike I love the old Gibsons, love that dirty sound. Jack Bruce was one of my heros when I was a teenager.
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

I had a pretty good idea The Guitar Center was going to make a reissue of Eric Clapton's 335 from the Cream era. They are selling three through Music Ground (UK).

They sent an email to me today that reads:
"Dear All,

We are pleased to offer the following limited edition guitar for sale.

GIBSON ERIC CLAPTON SIGNATURE 1964 ES-335
This guitar is a limited edition of only 250 worldwide.

There are only 25 available in the u.k. and we have secured 3 guitars, all to be exclusively personally hand signed by Eric Clapton himself.

This fantastic instrument is to be an exact replica of Claptons famous 1964 ES-335 which was immortalised in his Cream days and sold at auction last year for over $600,000.

With the Cream reunion announced and dates at the Royal Albert Hall scheduled, we anticipate interest to be high and we are only asking a modest price of £10,000 (aprox $18500)

We expect delivery to be 9 mths - 1 yr and we only require an initial deposit of £1000 (aprox $1850) the full balance to be paid on delivery.

If you have an interest in the above please call +44 (0)113 243 8165 or email musicgnd@aol.com to order.

PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A VERY LIMITED EDITION AND WE ONLY HAVE 3 AVAILABLE AT PRESENT. WE ANTICIPATE ALL 3 WILL BE SOLD WITHIN A MATTER OF HOURS OF THIS MAILSHOT. WE ARE ABLE TO ORDER MORE BUT ONLY BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS TODAY (5pm U.K. TIME) AND WHATEVER QUANTITY WE ORDER WILL ONLY BE WHAT BECOMES AVAILABLE.

PLEASE DO NOT DELAY IN PLACING YOUR ORDER TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT.

Best wishes,

Music Ground"
rictified

Post by rictified »

reasonable price for a new car. I'd buy a real ES-335, actually 3 or 4 for that kind of money.
nattiep
Advanced Member

Post by nattiep »

That Warwick does look like a Wal Mach 1. I would rather have the Wal too. The Black Geddy Lee model. The Warwick seems way to expensive.
1976 Rickenbacker 4001
2011/05 Fender Standard Fretless Jazz Bass
2005/11 Fender Standard Jazz Bass
rictified

Post by rictified »

I'll take an EB-3 over both of them.
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

I now have tickets for Thursday and Friday nights. I will be taking my camera so I will post some pix from the UK.
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Looks like you've missed your chance for that beer now Mike - I can't score tickets for any night, and you've got two sets!!!
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Still would like to catch up with you, Graham, if possible. All I can tell you is that the ebay sellers in the US that were not getting the funds they hoped started selling them for reasonable prices ($500ish?) or so per ticket. From what I've heard, there is virtually nothing available in ther UK.

Return to “On Stage”