Lindsay Buckingham on a Rickenbacker 12-string....(?)

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

leftybass
RRF Consultant

Lindsay Buckingham on a Rickenbacker 12-string....(?)

Post by leftybass »

Fleetwood Mac fans: Was the solo on "Say (that) You Love Me" played on a Rickenbacker 12 string?
I have never seen Lindsay Buckingham with a Rickenbacker but I am curious as to what he used on this track--it sounds very Byrd-like in style.
rkbsound
Veteran RRF member

Post by rkbsound »

I've always been intrigued by Buckingham's guitar style. I think it's quite unique and I love listening to anything he plays. His live stuff is especially always fun to listen to. I have no idea what kind of guitar it is he plays on a regular basis (that little thing he plays!).
eddier
Veteran RRF member

Post by eddier »

J.Phelps, to answer your question Lindsey Buckingham plays a custom made Rick Turner guitar.
It has 24 frets a revolving pickup (the revolving pickup fits into the area that looks like a sound hole),a piezo & souped up electronics.
The body is solid mahogany & the fingerboard rosewood.
The body shape is based on a 100+ year old guitar made be Johan Stauffer.
Despite the fact that it looks like it has a sound hole, it is not semi-acoustic. It is indeed a solid body.
Hope that sorts it out for you....Regards.
He walked out to face his arch-enemies with his arch-supporters.
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

Lindsey did not have the Turner yet when this song was recorded, in fact, I believe Mr. Turner was still in the employ of Alembic at this time.
eddier
Veteran RRF member

Post by eddier »

To clarify any misunderstanding:
My response was in regard to the question of "..the type of guitar ...(Mr.) Buckingham playes on a regular basis", not if a RIC 12 string was used on the solo of "Say (that) You Love Me".
Although, jokingly you could say Mr. Buckingham is a loyal
RIC(k Turner)user.

Thank you Don for pointing this out & sorry for any confusion this might have caused.
He walked out to face his arch-enemies with his arch-supporters.
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

Early on in his 'Mac' days it looks like the guitar of choice for Lindsay was a Les Paul Custom in white...but for the song in question it sure sounds like a 12 string Rickenbacker....

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”