So Where Are You From?

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

admin
Site Admin

So Where Are You From?

Post by admin »

I am interested in knowing where visitors to the Rickenbacker Forum live. I'll begin by telling you that I live in Fredericton, N.B. Canada. It is a small city of approximately 50,000 people on the east coast of Canada and is one of the Atlantic Provinces. Lots of snow and cold in the winter and a couple hot weeks in the summer.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
4003seagreen
Veteran RRF member

Post by 4003seagreen »

San Diego, California. Weather's generally great here, I always enjoy the nice Southern California weather.
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

For the past 19 years, in Burnsville, Mn., about 20 miles south of Mpls., and for only 1 more week or so. Then, home will be in Kailua-Kona, on the "Big Island"of Hawaii.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

Houston, Texas is home for me. However my job requires extensive travel throughout the South-East. In 2001, I spent in excess of 100 days in places like Atlanta, Dallas, Orlando, Tampa, & New Orleans.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
gbogart
Veteran RRF member

Post by gbogart »

Beautiful Boca Raton, in South Florida. I'm originally from Long Island, New York (Billy Joel and I are both from Hicksville!)... I've lived permanently in Florida since 1987. I could never again live anywhere without palm trees!
360dave660
Veteran RRF member

Post by 360dave660 »

Rueil-Malmaison, France. It's a western suburban of about 90,000 about 6 miles from Paris. I have lived in France since 1997. I grew up on the South Shore of MA; went to school in NY State and then spent 8 years in NYC for grad school and work. I bought my first rick in Paris, but went home to the US to buy my second one.
jetglow

Post by jetglow »

Peter....I'm from Lexington, Ky....home fast women and loose horses.
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

I have been in Winchester, Va. for as long as I can remember (I was born in Fla)..Winchester is in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, about 75 miles west of Washington, D.C. I currently own about 14 instruments, Four of which are Rickenbackers--(I'll work on getting this ratio turned around!!!Image) These four guitars are the centerpieces of my collection and I play them all.
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

Born in Minneapolis Minnesota USA in 1954,raised in Rochester Minnesota ,spend a short period in LaCrosse Wisc,then moved to Southern Calif for 12 years with a two and a half year hang out in San Francisco then back to So Cal.
I have been in the Seattle Wash ,area since August of 1981 ,and don't see leaving soon .

What do I do ?

I have a job called guitars ....I build them ,restore them ,play them ,repair them ,talk about them ,answer questions about them ,make videos about them ,working on somethings to add to that .
How many guitars ....24 last count and I play them all ,and my wife does not mind ...what a babe !
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!
wilbur

Post by wilbur »

West Lafayette, Indiana. 135 miles southeast of Chicago, 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis.
ted_williams
Veteran RRF member

Post by ted_williams »

I live in Middleton, WI - a suburb of Madison. Madison is a beautiful city...in the summertime. Fortunately, we are in the midst of some spring-like weather - not bad for mid-January. No snow in Wisconsin? Weird!
rickplayer
Veteran RRF member

Post by rickplayer »

I was born in the desert east of Los Angeles, but a Marine Corps father took us to Parris Island, SC and throughout the southeast and around the US. I finally ended up in the Seattle, Washington area. Needless to say I am less than one hour drive from Mark Arnquist's shop. He has rescued mr Rickenbacker and my Str*t. And now that I've spread the word, and he's doing my friends guitars, I'm thinking "comission". On a side note, I live only a few miles from where they are holding first seargant Chapmans funeral. Very sad.
corey

Post by corey »

I was born in Scarborough, (that's basically "near Toronto" if you need a landmark you know) Ontario, Canada in 1979.

I currently live in Chatham, Ontario, which is a small town of 45 000 in between Windsor and London. We can get lots of snow here, but most of the time, the worst of it passes us by.
jnbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by jnbass »

Born in LA, or "lower area" here in Honolulu. Right now its a chilly 70F and I have to keep the RICS inside.
Buy it before someone else does
musicfan37
Veteran RRF member

Post by musicfan37 »

I live in Snoqualmie, Washington. That's 30 miles east of Seattle.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”