Wish we could relocate "Previous/Next"

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
ratso

Wish we could relocate "Previous/Next"

Post by ratso »

Hey Peter, What's the chance of relocating the "previous/next" option to the bottom of the page. It is inconvenient to have to move to the top of the page (after reading) to proceed to the next page! Is it just me, or am I doing it wrong??
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Why not add another previous/next option to the bottom rather than relocate it, Ron. Then you wouldn't have heaps of complaints.......... 'Can't find the previous/next option!!'

It's certainly 'do-able' but hey, it's your site, Pete!! (hope 'Pete' is OK, Peter).
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

Peter! This is great!

Is this what you guys wanted?
Leprosy is rare & scarce but nobody wants that!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I think Ron wanted the Previous Next options on the title bar moved (I suggested duplicated at the bottom of the page). The extra buttons are indeed great but they don't take you to the previous or next page of the thread, which is what I think Ron was looking for.

Mind you, I probably shouldn't be speaking for Ron!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Howard: I am offering this as my compromise for the time being. It allows for moving to the top or the bottom of the page quickly, to the previous and next message and if you right click on the link folder it will let you copy the address of the current post.

I am thinking that a quick click to the top of the page will allow you to access the previous and next page. I decided on this after thinking that folks may want to access the previous and next page from the middle of the current page and not just when they are at the top or bottom.

I hope this will suffice for now.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
biznork

Post by biznork »

Peter, you run the greatest forum in the history of the world.
wayang

Post by wayang »

Better than that funky old Roman one, that's for sure...nobody's been stabbed on your front steps.
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

LOL, Dane!! Last week A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum........

It's all good, Peter. I didn't think too much about the top of the page button because I was obviously trying to get to the next or previous page. Now that you've explained it...... yes, I am as 'Thick as a Brick'!!

I think it's brilliant!

More than a compromise, it's the complete package!!

Thanks for being so responsive (I'm sure I speak for Ron as well).

Cheers!!
wayang

Post by wayang »

"On Form Eileen Pulls Them Out"...since you've 'pulled out' the St. Cleve Chronicle & Linwell Advertiser of 1/7/72, Howard, I thought I'd mention that on page 2, the name 'Derek Small' appears four times, once each under the headings: Births, Coming of Age, Engagements, and Forthcoming Marriage...I believe this is the inspiration for Harry Shearer's Rick-playing bassist 'Derek Smalls' in the movie Spinal Tap...now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Are you nocturnal by any chance, Dane?

Aha!! I shall read the cover again (last time was 20 years ago) and get hold of the movie.

Thank you Guru Bob!!
wayang

Post by wayang »

Too much time spent in all the various hemispheres, Harold...my problem is I know it's morning somewhere all the time...
wayang

Post by wayang »

This brings up an interesting point...It's actually only 37 minutes past midnight here in the 'Mountain' Time Zone...that makes it 1:37 a.m. 'Central' Time and 2:37 'Eastern' Time...yet according to Rick Forum Time, it's already 3:37 a.m...what's the deal? Are you out at sea, Peter? Please don't tell me you're in the Bahamas, right down the hall from Halliburton HQ...
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Call me anything but Harold, Dane........ please? It's like being called Shirley!

It was 4.37pm Friday here. I think I read Peter saying he's on the east coat of Canada.

What would western time be?
wayang

Post by wayang »

Ahhh, that explains everything...well, not everything...
Sorry about the Harold, surely...I must not be as nocturnal as I thought...have a nice day 'down under', Howard...I'm gonna go get 'down under' my down blanket...
BobKat
Advanced Member

Post by BobKat »

Look above your name. You got your wish.

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”