Confluence

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

marc61

Post by marc61 »

What about for those who like to drink and hear some rock music?
" It's not where you are, it's who you're with.".
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

There are clubs and bars and everything else a decent size city requires! Image
golfo

Post by golfo »

this is the first i've read about this (being one of the new guys on the block 'round here). seems it's happening in columbus, ohio? is this a 'confluence' of rick forum members/enthusiasts? should be fun.

too bad i'm not able to join the gang (not that i was invited). i was born in columbus and lived in upper arlington and have some family still there (dublin, morse road area, upper arlington). would've been nice to mix up the gits with the relatives (then again - maybe just hang with the gits!).

enjoy, all.
geoff
ps - columbus used to have some kick-#ss country rock clubs. my brothers used to hang around (and were good friends of the owner) at a place called zackariah's (sp?) on high street (used to be called the castle in the '60s). they had some great country acts there (any members here remember mcguffy lane?).
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

Geoff....

We've been talking about this for several months..you most certainly ARE invited.....any regular from this forum that wants to attend(and can maybe bring a RIC)is invited!!

Join us if you can!! Details are in the Rickenbacker Forum Comments section.....do a "confluence" check....
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim
golfo

Post by golfo »

thanks muchly, chris.

i just went over the 'confluence' thread. looks to be some fun. can't make it this time - too short a notice. i'll be keeping my ears open for future 'rick' events, though.

regards
geoff
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Don't blame us for the "too short a notice"! Image This was initially started by Chris Pappas and I back in December! Everyone is welcome, it is too bad you can't make it as you know Columbus. We are meeting up in Westerville.
basshawk
Veteran RRF member

Post by basshawk »

Geoff, I certainly do remember Zacharia's(sp), The Agora, Sugar Shack and of course 'McGuffey Lane'. Too bad ya can't make it.
Marc, I'll get the listings for what's happening those nights,,,I'm playing in a show both nights 7-9 and will be at the confluence before and after.
Is everybody ready?
golfo

Post by golfo »

jeffrey
no blame intended. my bad for not finding this 'place' sooner.

randy
the agora, sugar shack, yep. how 'bout the thirsty eye, char bar, and the blue doobie??

geoff
basshawk
Veteran RRF member

Post by basshawk »

Yeah Geoff, a lot of those are gone now.
Is everybody ready?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Things change fast in Columbus, especially around OSU. I have seen McGuffy Lane at Zachariah's, great club at the time, I also saw Kittyhawk there, the first band to use Chapmann's Stick, they had two of them. I went to the Agora there all the time, saw Pat Metheny, Chick Corea, and a bunch of others there.
basshawk
Veteran RRF member

Post by basshawk »

That area is hardly recognizable nowadays, at least to those who once hung out there.
Jeffrey, I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the old Rickenbacker house yet. I did get some b/w film and I'll just take some pics and get them developed here.
Is everybody ready?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I was just thinking about that yesterday. Are you going to get a large print made there? If I can get the processed film to me by Thursday's mail at the lab, I can make a large (16x20) print in time.

Labwork
1591 East 22nd Street
Cleveland, Ohio

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”