325C58 -- Advice on Returning to Stock Condition

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

icelandair

Post by icelandair »

Great -- time to order a bowtie...

This little guitar will be a keeper. Perhaps some day I'll even make sense out of what-the-heck the oven-knobbed controls actually do as I sure can't seem to figure them out...!
fabgear
Veteran RRF member

Post by fabgear »

Greg's bowtie is different than the modern Bigsby RIs. The G compensation is different on the two as well(the older style and the Jetglow/ Tonewerks ones cast from 50's bowties are compensating for a wound G)

The modern $30 Bigsby Ris are not bad, but they're not the same style or shape as the 50's ones, most notably that upper piece.

I've got both a real 50's one like Greg's(on my rebuilt v59) as well as a spare JG/TW one I'll be reselling soon. Originals are pricey, and I believe Greg was selling both pieces(vintage B5 and the bowtie) together.

Michael, the stock C58 wiring is fairly simple. The main thing to keep in mind is that the tone controls function in reverse.
FabGear Custom Guitars, Relics and Replicas
Public Albums: www.photobucket.com username: fabgear, password: fabguest
greg_feo

Post by greg_feo »

FYI... The pair (Vintage Bowtie & B5 )was sold ...which almost paid for the 'Rocky' from Jeff.

Congrats on the C58 Michael!
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Congrats to you, Greg! Good things come to those who wait.

As you well know (grin).
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”