Saturday Night Rick Confluence

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

36012c63
Veteran RRF member

Saturday Night Rick Confluence

Post by 36012c63 »

Just got back from the Columbus Rick Confluence. I met some new friends, saw some nice basses, and learned some interesting facts about the Rickenbacker basses. The fellows I met are deeply serious and thoroughly knowledgable about the Rick 4 and 5 stringers. I'm really glad to have been able to participate. Look out for some photos that some of the guys are going to post. One question..........aside from Tony D. of Pickguardian, where were all of my 6 and 12 string Rickenbrothers? We were scarcely represented.
rickfan60

Post by rickfan60 »

Thanks for coming Steve. You are an excellent player and I really enjoyed the Beatles jam you guys did.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Steve: Thanks for holding up the guitar fort.

As you have found out, keeping up with The Rickenbacker Bass gang is a tough job.

A more enthusiastic bunch is not to be found anywhere.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Wish I could have made it.
"Knowledge is Power"
basshawk
Veteran RRF member

Post by basshawk »

Yeah Scott, we were hoping you could make it. I wish I didn't have to run out both nights to the gigs, but made the best of the time I had. I think it was Marc that said this was like 'walking into the Forum'. You couldn't choose who was most congenial because we all enjoyed everyone's company - truly a great bunch of people. It was a weekend in heaven. We sat and talked like life-long friends. When this happens again GET THERE ! you won't be dissapointed. And I must echo earlier sentiments and say thank you to Peter for creating this forum which led to this great event.
Is everybody ready?
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Oh, If there is a '06 confluence, trust me on this,,, I will be there.

For what its worth, my band won the the "battle of the bands" competition yesterday afternoon, and had a great crowd last night.

BUT,

It still wasnt worth missing the confluence.

That wont happen next year.
"Knowledge is Power"
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

I would like to chime in here....

I had the pleasure of meeting Steve Brodbeck, in person, for the first time yesterday. What a great guy!!! Steve, hearing you play that Ricky 12 was quite an enjoyable experience!! I've never heard a 12 chime like that, in person, before yesterday...thank you for that!! Steve and I played "Eight Days a Week" together and I was stunned by the beautiful, ringing, chiming sounds coming from that 12!!
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

I agree on Steve with his 12. Steve and Tony Dudzik (Pickguardian) mounted up with their classic Beatle Ricks (I won't tell, Tony), and I grabbed my one-off cherry Hofner (gasp! It's not a Rick!) and we jammed for about an hour or so. Steve and Tony were grinning from ear-to-ear. Me, I was trying to keep up. What a great bunch of guys. Steve is wonderfully talented on that 360, and knew nearly all the Beatle tunes we tried, and did great on Byrds stuff and others. Hopefully there will be more pics post of our impromptu session. Great meeting you all.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

Congrats on your win, Scott!! Still wish you coulda made it, though.....

Ya coulda held a LEMMY :^)
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

We did miss you Scott! The jam was superb, Steve, Paul, Tony and Chris are all great musicians. Image The music provided a nice backdrop fot the Truss Rod Tweak and Setup Workshop that I held on Saturday evening.

We all felt like we just always knew each other, it is amazing Peter, what a Rickenbacker can do for a person.

Being able to play multiple 4005s, a Lemmy, three Shadows!!!, a 4002 (one of my personal favorites, great tone!, and I REALLY liked the 21st fret), 5 stringers, 8 stringers, a Tuxedo...and on and on! We certainly were in RIC heaven.
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

Jeff spent more than a little time with that 4002! Image

...BUT , he sure knew how to handle that thanggg!!!

Oh, and about that workshop....thanks Jeff for making my 4005 handle so sweetly...I couldn't have done that myself, for sure!!
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Any time, Chris, glad to help! Image
36012c63
Veteran RRF member

Post by 36012c63 »

Thanks, Chris, Paul, and all you Rick "nuts" for a really great Saturday evening. I certainly enjoyed mingling with all of you bass players. (I lied and said I was a bass player, just to get in.) I can still see the look of disappointment on your faces when I pulled my 360-12 out of its case. Too late now!!!!!! You were expecting a nice tasty '60's bass, I would presume. Nonetheless, I hope I earned my keep during the jam. You guys kept me on my toes(and fingers).
Thanks, again, for not kicking me out, Ted. Can I have my $100.00 back now?
I invite anyone, that's interested, to visit my band's website, if you like the British hits from the '60's.
www.thebritishinvasionband.com
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Wow, Steve! Even a sitar! Multitalented. I dunno about those faux Hofners, though. Gonna have to talk to your bass player, dude.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
basshawk
Veteran RRF member

Post by basshawk »

Hey, I recognize Beulah Park - I've fed a few horses there. Actually Steve, it would have been nice to see many more guitarists there. There are a whole lot of Rick guitars that I've never seen in the flesh (or is it 'in the wood'?)
Is everybody ready?

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”