Early Rick Bridges

Exploring the beauty and tone of Rickenbacker Lap Steels

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

matz

Early Rick Bridges

Post by matz »

Are the early, removable bridge/saddles slanted to compensate? If so, how much? Aloha, DM.
Australian citizen, resident alien.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Hi David. I note from your profile that you're an 'ex-Oz' (so to speak). Where in the homeland are you originally from? What sort of boats do you build/skipper?

Aaaaarr!!
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
rshatz
RRF Consultant

Post by rshatz »

David,
In a word, no.
email me if you want some close up pictures of the bridges of the earliest electric lap steels.
matz

Post by matz »

Richard, Thanks,that's all I need-to do a replacement. I already have Rick Aiello's pictures from the other Bridge post. Howard, I spent my formative years in Sydney's eastern suburbs back in the days of long boards and the Stadium Rock Shows. I spent about 15 years afloat, mainly in large classics, like Ticonderoga, America,Puritan and Altair. I have done a lot of freelance refit work, and for a complete change I have been working on cold molded sport-fishing boats at Jarrett Bay Co. here in North Carolina. Aloha, David.
Australian citizen, resident alien.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Half your luck, David - magnificent vessels. I spent a lot of school holidays in both Elizabeth Bay and Double Bay. Go Roosters!!

Maybe your sign-off should be 'Ahoy'!! Image
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon

Return to “Rickenbacker Steels: by Richard Shatz”